30" tires need clutching for 900?

bonesguy

Jul 11, 2010
Upland, CA
as the title says.. I'm putting some 30" mongrels on my 900 and want to know what I need to do to make it work well.. I put the Rzr570 front fenders so I have eliminated the rubbing issue but what will I have to do for Clutch? just heavy duty spirings? or will it require a whole new secondary to maintain performance? can someone point me in the right direction? any advise would be appreciated!

thanks,

'Bones'

joncon

May 20, 2013
Las Vegas
You are definitely going to need different fly wheel weights and heavy springs. There are several kits for the weights out there. I personally have dealt with Todd at Hunterworks (Dalton kit) as well as The Team Industries rooster weights (Got them from Nate @ Alba) and liked them both. You can go with a different secondary helix if you want to get rid of some or all of the engine braking but this is probably not necessary.

///Airdam Clutches

Nov 14, 2014
#1 = depends on how aggressive you drive it as to what you will need

a rock crawler needs something different from an open desert guy. a high elevation guy needs something different, just as someone who is full throttle everywhere he goes. it completely depends on how you ride, where you ride ect.

the vast majority of folks do clutch kits, as mentioned. weights in the primary that give you some adjustability as well as a more balanced spring setup in the primary and secondary is a start for a non aggressive rider.

for someone who runs the heck out of their machine full throttle everywhere they go, you should start budgeting for a new secondary and a weight kit in the primary.

bonesguy

Jul 11, 2010
Upland, CA
#1 = depends on how aggressive you drive it as to what you will need

a rock crawler needs something different from an open desert guy. a high elevation guy needs something different, just as someone who is full throttle everywhere he goes. it completely depends on how you ride, where you ride ect.

the vast majority of folks do clutch kits, as mentioned. weights in the primary that give you some adjustability as well as a more balanced spring setup in the primary and secondary is a start for a non aggressive rider.

for someone who runs the heck out of their machine full throttle everywhere they go, you should start budgeting for a new secondary and a weight kit in the primary.
hey Adam.. bought a clutch from you for my old Rotax rhino. I would say that I do a little bit of every kind of riding so I need something that will perform all around! the only thing I don't do that is mentioned above is drive non aggressive! need it to work well in the sand when I put the paddles on as well! is this possible? should I start with springs? what do you have?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
felipebenjamin000