What kind of glue?

Ali Baba

Sep 13, 2010
I have some carbon fiber look vinyl for the interior of my roof and doors. I tried 3m spray adhesive to adhere the vinyl to the aluminum and once the sun hit it, and it got hot, it began to sag. My friend suggested gorilla glue. It worked, but was messy and left lumps after it dried, not smooth. I'm not totally happy with it. Is there a better product out there that you have used for this application?

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1409192268.917907.jpg

BiggJim

I Hate Rules - UTVUnderground Approved
Jan 15, 2009
Bakersfield
I have some carbon fiber look vinyl for the interior of my roof and doors. I tried 3m spray adhesive to adhere the vinyl to the aluminum and once the sun hit it, and it got hot, it began to sag. My friend suggested gorilla glue. It worked, but was messy and left lumps after it dried, not smooth. I'm not totally happy with it. Is there a better product out there that you have used for this application?

View attachment 13299
I used an industrial 3m that worked good but you had to use alot.

NIKAL

May 13, 2012
Take your panels & material to a local upholstery shop and ask them what they would charge to just shoot some glue on the panel and lay the fabric down. I bet it will be cheaper or the same as if you went out and bought a few cans of the good quality glue and just did it yourself. Plus it will save you a bunch of time.

I had a friend who wanted to vinyl cover the two side panels & roof panel on his 4 seat buggy. He had the fabric and I suggested a little hole in the wall shop I have used many, many times. He took what he had into them and for $40 the guy shot the panels and laid out the fabric. I think he trimmed it out and cut the dzus tab holes himself when he got home. But it was cheap & headache free to have them do it.

Ali Baba

Sep 13, 2010
Take your panels & material to a local upholstery shop and ask them what they would charge to just shoot some glue on the panel and lay the fabric down. I bet it will be cheaper or the same as if you went out and bought a few cans of the good quality glue and just did it yourself. Plus it will save you a bunch of time.

I had a friend who wanted to vinyl cover the two side panels & roof panel on his 4 seat buggy. He had the fabric and I suggested a little hole in the wall shop I have used many, many times. He took what he had into them and for $40 the guy shot the panels and laid out the fabric. I think he trimmed it out and cut the dzus tab holes himself when he got home. But it was cheap & headache free to have them do it.

Not a bad idear.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
felipebenjamin000