Making trails bigger in size 'legally''

onerich

The Carpenter - UTVUnderground's La familia
Jan 29, 2011
Elmonte, SOCAL
Does any one know of any trails that have been changed to a wider-size legally like a 24'' to a 50'' trail or a 50'' trail to 50'' plus trail . If so plez post up some info on what was done or just what you think needs to be done thanks .

Oc1

Apr 21, 2011
I don't know of any legally changed. I do know it really sucks when good single track is messed up because people make it wider. Same as stacking rocks on rockcrawling trails and not removing them. Once a trail is 50" might as well let all sxs on it.

ROTAX

CannedHam - La Familia
Feb 21, 2011
How was it up there this weekend? You have some trails in mind regarding widening?

onerich

Jan 29, 2011
Elmonte, SOCAL
I don't know of any legally changed. I do know it really sucks when good single track is messed up because people make it wider. Same as stacking rocks on rockcrawling trails and not removing them. Once a trail is 50" might as well let all sxs on it.
You make some good points , but was thinking that there's a lot of land out there and I,m sure there some story,s / info out there .

How was it up there this weekend? You have some trails in mind regarding widening?
Bill said sat. went smooth and to day Mark and Mary from Desert Molding Concepts Inc. came out to give a hand and all I can say is very nice people and hope to see them in the dirt down the road again . The bigger trail thing will see .

Slacker

La Familia
Apr 1, 2012
Bakersfield
The only trails that I'm aware of that have been widened are some trail out on the Piaute trail system. They did so to make the #1 loop accessible to 60" rides. From talking to the guy it took a bit of effort but it was well worth it for the communities surrounding it.

onerich

Jan 29, 2011
Elmonte, SOCAL
The only trails that I'm aware of that have been widened are some trail out on the Piaute trail system. They did so to make the #1 loop accessible to 60" rides. From talking to the guy it took a bit of effort but it was well worth it for the communities surrounding it.
Yes I had got a pm about some info about some trails in Utah and have had a chance to look in to it . Thanks

mosslager

STEEEEEEEEKERZ - UTVUnderground Approved
Nov 4, 2009
Some of what I have read is it's not a law thing it's a forest thing and The Forest service can change them but it is a long road to get them done .

same same..cut the red tape and political BS

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
felipebenjamin000