KOH Camping

Slacker

La Familia
Apr 1, 2012
Bakersfield
I have a friend heading down to the Hammers and he's looking for advice on where to camp. He's spectating and doesn't really want to be right in the middle of the ruckus as he has kiddos who need their zzz. Where should he be thinking of putting up camp? Anyone have a GPS location I can give him? If we can tell him what road to camp off of that would be good because he's never been there. Thanks!

Oc1

Apr 21, 2011
Anywere on the outskirts should be fine. The main entrance is off of Boone rd. You can either camp before the majority or head on in and find a spot on the fringe somewere.

TREE68

too tall for the rzr
Aug 15, 2011
so cal
same here. torn between outshirts of hammertown, or hammertown heights. we plan to stay up late and tend the keg and bonfire. but still get some good shut eye. :cool:

RZRluvr

La Familia Baby!
Feb 21, 2011
Anaheim,CA
same here. torn between outshirts of hammertown, or hammertown heights. we plan to stay up late and tend the keg and bonfire. but still get some good shut eye. :cool:
The Heights are a great mix for everybody:D One word of caution though, when Rusty drinks a lot he likes to belly dance in the new UTV UG Thong :eek:

Rusty5150

UTVUG PHOTOG
Jan 9, 2009
The Heights are a great mix for everybody:D One word of caution though, when Rusty drinks a lot he likes to belly dance in the new UTV UG Thong :eek:
This event is not a drinking event. We do shot's of water and tell nursery rhymes. When it gets real late we start adding Kool-Aid to the water and the stories go from G to PG.

UTV Mayhem

UTVMayhem DVD Series - UTVUnderground Approved
Feb 26, 2009
wassup JD, rusty and utv ug peeps? i havent been on here in a long time but ill see you fools in the heights. rollin out right now!

Kevlar

dunechaser1 - UTVUnderground Approved
Mar 8, 2009
Visalia, Ca
www.dunechasers.com
So we might be coming but not until Thursday night. I've been to Means Lake a few times so I know the area where you guys are camping but will there be room for a 44' Toyhauler with enough room to maneuver? I'm just picturing complete madness, especially at night. Another possibility is to bring a small enclosed and sleep on the floor. Whatcha think?

Crowdog

UTVGuide.Net
Jan 18, 2009
Shingle Springs, CA
www.UTVGuide.net
So we might be coming but not until Thursday night. I've been to Means Lake a few times so I know the area where you guys are camping but will there be room for a 44' Toyhauler with enough room to maneuver? I'm just picturing complete madness, especially at night. Another possibility is to bring a small enclosed and sleep on the floor. Whatcha think?
Thursday night?! Wednesday night so you can watch the carnage at the UTV race on Thursday dude! Come awn!

TREE68

too tall for the rzr
Aug 15, 2011
so cal
I lost my warm bed in the 5th wheel. And keg of pacifico. My buddies wife put the kabosh on his KOH trip. So me, my tent, truck, firewood, marine cooler full of ice cold beer, utvug flag and camp locator, homemade rockets, campfire bombs, music and bbq might head up to the heights. Word is "No Vacancy". But i will snuggle up to the hillside overlooking hammertown. Hope to meet some new camping friends. If your not blm come pay me a visit. See you for the party in hammertown. :)

Last edited:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
felipebenjamin000