Center Seat RZR-XP Build

bmzero

Sep 5, 2010
I have been wanting to do this for quite a while. All of the racing I do is by myself (no passenger). Sitting on the side of the car is obviously not optimal for performance reasons. I'm going to fix that for this year's race car.

Goals:
  • Center Seat
  • As close to 1000lb. as I can get
  • Move weight balance forward
  • Larger fuel capacity (~14gal)
  • Retain as many stock cosmetic parts as possible

The following sponsors are already on board for our 2013 race season. There's no way I could do this build without their help, so I want to give them the credit.
  • Polaris
  • OctaneMedia.com
  • ATVScene.com
  • King Shocks - this car will be running 2.5" IBP's
  • Benchmark Performance
  • GBC Motorsports
  • HiPer Wheels
  • DirtyDawg Performance
  • SXSPerformance.com
  • K4 Switches
  • Rath Racing

Starting platform - 2013 Polaris RZR-XP 900 Walker Evans LE

Begin Teardown

Teardown Complete

Hopefully I'll be able to dig into it some more this weekend and get the seat mount tacked up.

bmzero

Sep 5, 2010
First part ordered for the conversion:

SACO 1:1 Steering Box

I went with the 1:1 ratio because this car will be used for WORCS and a couple of other track-style series.

FABWERX1

May 31, 2011
Awesome idea. I was,going to build One last year for a customer but they changed there mind.
I don't know if you checked with WORCS to make sure its legal. that was One concern I was hearing.
looking forward to seeing the outcome.

bmzero

Sep 5, 2010
Awesome idea. I was,going to build One last year for a customer but they changed there mind.
I don't know if you checked with WORCS to make sure its legal. that was One concern I was hearing.
looking forward to seeing the outcome.
Being legal was also a concern of mine, but I can't find anything that even remotely mentions having two seats in the car. The two WORCS races I raced last year, I raced w/o the passenger seat. This isn't much different.

http://www.worcsracing.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=85&Itemid=203

I know for GNCC you have to race with two people, but that's about the only series I know of that requires it. No GNCC for me.

megadesertdiesel

Jan 25, 2009
Mesa, AZ
great thread. keep the build pictures comming. I have seen a couple of single seater XP's but they have had custom bodys. I really like the idea of using as much of the plastics you can.

bmzero

Sep 5, 2010
Thought you were keeping this under wraps??? guess not ...Cant wait to see it
Everybody asked about it via PM, so I didn't see any reason to keep it a secret. Much easier this way.

Sent from my GT-N8013 using Tapatalk 2

UTVReport

Aug 21, 2009
Hey Brit,

Will you be running power steering with the new rack? Any idea how much quicker of a ratio it will be?

Chris

bmzero

Sep 5, 2010
Hey Brit,

Will you be running power steering with the new rack? Any idea how much quicker of a ratio it will be?

Chris
Yes, OEM power steering. I run a 1.5:1 quickener on my current setup with the stock rack. I expect this setup to be close to what I have now.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

AReed

Oct 2, 2012
Question - can you just buy the race in a 1.5:1 setup and avoid another component/weight

bmzero

Sep 5, 2010
Question - can you just buy the race in a 1.5:1 setup and avoid another component/weight
Well, the 1.5:1 rack is actually a reduction setup. The 1:1 box is very fast and considered a "short course" ratio.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

AReed

Oct 2, 2012
Gotcha, I always think of them as quickeners in the application and not reducers. I couldn't imagine making the steering any slower than 1:1

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
felipebenjamin000