All UTV's What's your favorite radiation location in your sr1

Mojavesmostwanted

Apr 12, 2012
Northern Utah/Nevada
Well as the title says, I am researching radatior mounting location. I seem to see a lot in the center behind the driver standing vertical or with a slight tilt. What I reall am looking for is how many people put them in the front fire wall under the dash? Looking for your opinions lets here them

Wild Earp

50Fifty Racer - UTVUnderground Approved
You'll have more space for a larger radiator, and have more airflow between and behind the riders head.

The radiator will also be less suceptible to damage from rocks, or clogging up from mud if racing.

Plus you can have much shorter coolant hoses.

Mojavesmostwanted

Apr 12, 2012
Northern Utah/Nevada
I used to work for a corr/poorest team and when the prolights had the radiator in the front it seamed that we were always fighting cooling problems and damage. I agree with mounting it behind the driver. It only seems obvious

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

KramerBrosRacing

Aug 14, 2011
I work on two cars one behind center low by shock leaned back with rear deck lid panels. #854Sr1 the other center mount 12" in front of headers behind fuel cell. All tin creating a pressurized Hull.air in front and directed through radiator engine exhaus #1sr1. 854Takes awhile to warm up.. #1 warms right up.. both are 2 seaters and both run fine temp wise and weigh 1400lbs. hope that help I can post pics If it would help

Mojavesmostwanted

Apr 12, 2012
Northern Utah/Nevada
I work on two cars one behind center low by shock leaned back with rear deck lid panels. #854Sr1 the other center mount 12" in front of headers behind fuel cell. All tin creating a pressurized Hull.air in front and directed through radiator engine exhaus #1sr1. 854Takes awhile to warm up.. #1 warms right up.. both are 2 seaters and both run fine temp wise and weigh 1400lbs. hope that help I can post pics If it would help
Ya post up some pics. Are these both desert rigs or short course? Any problems with damage from flying debris? Seems like there is enough stuff in front if it to keep thins out of the it.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

trunknuts

Jul 11, 2010
You'll have more space for a larger radiator, and have more airflow between and behind the riders head.

The radiator will also be less suceptible to damage from rocks, or clogging up from mud if racing.

Plus you can have much shorter coolant hoses.
Agreed. I first had my rad mounted up front in the stock location but this limited radiator size so I mounted a larger radiator high towards the rear of the car. Works great now and no cooling issues.

c&c rhino

UTVUnderground SXS Tech - UTVUnderground Approved
Jan 18, 2009
lake elsinore, ca
depending on the car, the biggest issue i had with rhinos was getting the oil cooler off the radiator. my yellow car had a rear mounted radiator mounted at rear deck/top of the bedside height. i always ran stock radiators, after a few years of misdiagnosing problems chris at benchmark found the problem. it wasnt the cooling system. but theres nothing wrong with going to a bigger radiator either.

MaxPower

Oct 24, 2012
There is no any specific location for me. According to my vehical I’ll go where ever it can go.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
felipebenjamin000