Why UTV racers get knocked by the other classes...

Skidoojunky

Aug 14, 2016
What that picture doesn't show is the 200 other trucks and tow rigs parked crossways taking up 3-4 and sometimes more spaces at a time. At 4am every lot was full with nowhere close by to park. Does that make it right? Absolutely not. I would like to see what someone else in a similar position where they have been up for close to 24 hours and spent 14 of that 24 in a race car would do if put in a similar situation. Joey described it best, these are guys that would give you the shirt off their back if you needed it. They weren't trying to be A-holes......they just wanted to go to SLEEP!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Reactions: brad.hill.3762

CSG

xc racer - UTVUnderground Approved
Jul 13, 2009
Sulphur, La
In Louisiana we park on the grass all the time. I know I would not have thought much of that. Obviously it is different out west.

CSG

xc racer - UTVUnderground Approved
Jul 13, 2009
Sulphur, La
We are not parking on grass today though... can't find any, way too much water... at least down here on the coast there is.

acme

Jul 21, 2015
As the instigator of the thread and a parent of a Houston FF/Paramedic who is knee deep in some serious shit, I appreciate the support shown below! FYI, this was posted in the RDC thread

As a desert racer who has watched our sport get knocked around for 25+ years I believe we need to learn from mistakes and call a spade a spade. Big ups on the support BUT... Being tired after being up, doing your hobby is no excuse for a stupid move that will reflect poorly on the community.

I get that some make "dickhead moves" and screw others by taking up 4 spaces just like someone parked on the lawn... Next time walk from a legit parking space that may not be as convenient so outsiders don't lump the sport as a bunch of assholes and next time not allow trailers in that lot. Example skidoojunky & CSG: If they were really thirsty could they empty or take your ice chest instead of walking to the market? Park in a red zone or block someone in?

PS, I'd say the same or more about a TT, Class 5 or bike team if they did it.

Dustin Battle Axe Jones

2 hours ago

S3 Power Sports Just pulled up to Houston and dropped 26,000 bottles of water! Now our rescue efforts begin! Going to be a long next few days! #s3nation #doingourpart

warlock

Wanna Go Fast? - UTVUnderground Approved
Jan 23, 2009
az
I think those people knocking a parking job have nothing better to do.
Yeah I was thinking the same thing. Some of them people on RDZ are cry baby's and sure like to pile it on thick. God damn. dudes in the Broham Rangers with double hooppdy Rancho Shocks out the bed and some white Fiberglass fenders. Lol. Bored at home.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

warlock

Jan 23, 2009
az
We usually refer to them wanna be a OFFROAD punk trucks as Brorunners. Lmao.

acme

Jul 21, 2015
Lots of turds & trolls just like anywhere on the internet, but lots of good info as well, if you dig for it.

The issue is we are viewed as one community, whether you are a UTV, Buggy, Truck or are a "Brorunner"; and when you do something stupid, it puts ALL OF US under the microscope.

That same RDC community (owners also own this site and a number of other off road sites) was all over the dork in his Baja Bug that did a BJ esq Hoon video to pimp himself, and they were all over Gerorge for his 11 car nerf. We also had major battles over the DGAF attitude of MDR prior to the incident that put a stake in the heart of the sport. Yea, there a lot of flaming but learn from it and don't do stupid shit is the lesson that should be learned. And some of us who are not lemmings also call the ballers TT teams out when they do stupid stuff so don't think this is directed at a class or picking on you.

My post of this was not about UTV vs anyone, but simply trying to get people to act responsibly and give a shit. Just like my post on those unwritten rules and trying to get the UTV contingent engaged and to blend into the sport. There has been a prevailing attitude here that the other classes are different and some have even made comments to the effect: Those are old school ideas, its a new age and we don't care about the history of the sport etc... YES, the other side of the sport is plagued with assholes as well. But regardless we are all lumped into the same sport like it or not. If we don't learn from it I guess we are destined to watch people repeat the same stupid mistakes others have.

If you came upon a downed car with injuries you'd stop to lend aid (unless you are a self centered piece of shit). And all the other classes would do the same for you (unless they are self centered pieces of shit). In the end we are all racers and 99.999% of use spend a lot of time and money to do this out of love for the sport. That sport is always under the microscope and it hanging by a thread. Respect the sport or we won't have it...

Yes, a lot of dickhead keyboard racers but at the same time a lot of

warlock

Jan 23, 2009
az
Lots of turds & trolls just like anywhere on the internet, but lots of good info as well, if you dig for it.

The issue is we are viewed as one community, whether you are a UTV, Buggy, Truck or are a "Brorunner"; and when you do something stupid, it puts ALL OF US under the microscope.

That same RDC community (owners also own this site and a number of other off road sites) was all over the dork in his Baja Bug that did a BJ esq Hoon video to pimp himself, and they were all over Gerorge for his 11 car nerf. We also had major battles over the DGAF attitude of MDR prior to the incident that put a stake in the heart of the sport. Yea, there a lot of flaming but learn from it and don't do stupid shit is the lesson that should be learned. And some of us who are not lemmings also call the ballers TT teams out when they do stupid stuff so don't think this is directed at a class or picking on you.

My post of this was not about UTV vs anyone, but simply trying to get people to act responsibly and give a shit. Just like my post on those unwritten rules and trying to get the UTV contingent engaged and to blend into the sport. There has been a prevailing attitude here that the other classes are different and some have even made comments to the effect: Those are old school ideas, its a new age and we don't care about the history of the sport etc... YES, the other side of the sport is plagued with assholes as well. But regardless we are all lumped into the same sport like it or not. If we don't learn from it I guess we are destined to watch people repeat the same stupid mistakes others have.

If you came upon a downed car with injuries you'd stop to lend aid (unless you are a self centered piece of shit). And all the other classes would do the same for you (unless they are self centered pieces of shit). In the end we are all racers and 99.999% of use spend a lot of time and money to do this out of love for the sport. That sport is always under the microscope and it hanging by a thread. Respect the sport or we won't have it...

Yes, a lot of dickhead keyboard racers but at the same time a lot of
Wow. Go back to the rock you hide under. I could really give 2 shits. Shit happens and nobody would Have been the wiser of it until you felt the need to publish it in the open and make it something. Nobody really cares. Peace out.

BiggJim

I Hate Rules - UTVUnderground Approved
Jan 15, 2009
Bakersfield
Wow. Go back to the rock you hide under. I could really give 2 shits. Shit happens and nobody would Have been the wiser of it until you felt the need to publish it in the open and make it something. Nobody really cares. Peace out.

Dont you have some skat trak's to promote somewhere?

BiggJim

I Hate Rules - UTVUnderground Approved
Jan 15, 2009
Bakersfield
Thanks for the Reminder. Skat-Traks are the Best Tire for duning still. Always have been and always will be the best.
Watch out For Fake Skats from China.

I m sure the guys at Skat Trak are cuming coming

acme

Jul 21, 2015

I'll play...

I didn't make the initial post and just reposted a link to sister site RDC on here, with no additional comments. I was just trying to get people to understand, the same as my thread on the unwritten rules. I then responded to a few posts I thought interesting: It's called conversation. Try it Warlock: con-ver-sa-tion. I can do it phonetically if your Antifa-esq mind can't process it.

Based on your comments I can tell you are in integral part of the sport & community? Race, chase or just one of those know it all, chest puffing baddassed internet keyboard guys? I'll bet you applauded all the cool shit that went on at Glamis back in the day that made it the delightful place it became. Hey as long as it sells your shit right? All for one and all for you!

I'll go back under my rock while you stick your head in the sand. But remember while you turn your back and don't get involved or speak out, there are some that do and hope that they can get others thinking. It's very easy in my mind: You are either part of the problem, or part of the solution.

Glad to know there are open minded lemmings like you that are industry vanguards...

Cheers!

warlock

Jan 23, 2009
az
I'll play...

I didn't make the initial post and just reposted a link to sister site RDC on here, with no additional comments. I was just trying to get people to understand, the same as my thread on the unwritten rules. I then responded to a few posts I thought interesting: It's called conversation. Try it Warlock: con-ver-sa-tion. I can do it phonetically if your Antifa-esq mind can't process it.

Based on your comments I can tell you are in integral part of the sport & community? Race, chase or just one of those know it all, chest puffing baddassed internet keyboard guys? I'll bet you applauded all the cool shit that went on at Glamis back in the day that made it the delightful place it became. Hey as long as it sells your shit right? All for one and all for you!

I'll go back under my rock while you stick your head in the sand. But remember while you turn your back and don't get involved or speak out, there are some that do and hope that they can get others thinking. It's very easy in my mind: You are either part of the problem, or part of the solution.

Glad to know there are open minded lemmings like you that are industry vanguards...

Cheers!
Your a long winded Tool Bag. I'll give you that.
Why do you feel the need to publish it over here or anywhere for that matter. Maybe if you all want to be the dezert police go and confront the perpetrators of problems you see them causing and handle it down low instead of advertising it everywhere Ding Dong. Get over it.

acme

Jul 21, 2015
I love guys like you! Snappy repertoire, quick with calling names and always willing to look the other way and follow the heard. Great spokesperson for your business!

I do not consider myself the desert police. Just a now retired racer, who between bikes and cars has done this sport for over 30 years and hopes to see it continue so the next generation can play/race in the desert and be able to use both public lands and private property; and not get locked out due to poor decisions. I apologize for ruffling a few feathers by posting the link, but if people are offended; maybe they should think about why posting about someone making a bad decision so offends them?

I'll bet the property owners appreciated the parking job. I'll bet your landlord wouldn't mind someone parking in the planter in front of your trailer...

Reactions: george.felix

george.felix

George
Jan 11, 2015
Houston, Texas
This thread is a perfect example of over the top immature attitudes that try to kill an articulate intelligent point of view in a I flunked English sort of way. Acme agree or not kudos for posting an intellligent comment and not losing your cool w the retards......something I struggle with I'll admit. Lol

Reactions: acme

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
felipebenjamin000