What Desert Tires For RZR 1000?????

the stripping shop

RACER - UTVUnderground Approved
Jan 29, 2009
peoria,Az
www.strippingshop.com
It does to me with the way the AZ law is written in regards to whether helmets have to be worn by occupants under 18.

3 lbs inside the vehicle won't make a difference I agree but, tire weight on under powered vehicles like a 4 seat RZR, it makes a big difference.
My six year old doesn't have to wear his helmet in az. I have his dot child seat mounted in rzr with safety straps and its on its own base. The rear seat is removed. You cant have them wear helmet in child seat its very un safe moves head forward and can hurt neck.

Reactions: Rynomx785

Rynomx785

Jun 21, 2015
Wickenburg, AZ
Did you find that written in the law somewhere?

I have a buddy that just had BLM make him put his kids helmets on on the way to Crown King. They were both in car seats.

the stripping shop

Jan 29, 2009
peoria,Az
www.strippingshop.com
BLM are dumbass first off. But are they real dot car seats first off not some want to be ones. Second dot car seat has never been tested with a helmet on a child. So your paper work is the dot car seat just like nikal said they are to standard above BLM pay grade. Dot seat is a giant cacoon/helmet the way they are tested. Az game and fish and rangers have all told me the same. Yes its written into law, just look up child seat law and its writen there.

NIKAL

May 13, 2012
How did I get in this DOT car seat discussion? I never said a car seat is like a helmet? I thought this thread was about tires and I asked about a cut in a sidewall bead.

the stripping shop

Jan 29, 2009
peoria,Az
www.strippingshop.com
D.O.T does mean something more then just if your going to drive on the street. In order to be D.O.T approved you have to meet stringent specs and requirements that a non D.O.T tire would not go through. A D.O.T tire in theory would have a better quality control, as a non D.O.T tire will not have to meet or be tested by those standards.

Its like racing seat belts. All the major racing brands are SFI certified, and they have to meet stringent testing requirements. Every racing series requires that your seat belts are SFI certified in order to race. Then you have brands like ProArmor and and several others that are not SFI certified. Sure they do the same thing, and in any non racing sanctioned event, should work just fine, but the fact is they could be made of cheaper Chinese webbing, maybe cast steal latches & buckles, vs the forged that is required to be SFI. You lose the Quality Control and responsibility when you are not certified or required to meet a standard.

Anytime you are following a spec or are certificated you are going to be held to a higher standard, and 9 out or 10 times you will find a better more consistent made product by those companies.
Same principal you can mount a prp/beard/triple xxx kids seat still it's not test like a DOT car seat. Was trying to show how smart you are but maybe I am just dumbass.

jdrew1965

Oct 28, 2015
Best desert tire IMHO is the Tensore Regulator. We have used the same set (4) for two races and all of our testing. We have over 1200 miles on our without a single issue. No flats, no failures!

Sport10

Feb 14, 2015
A bit off topic but I have just read that Hiper Wheels has been purchased by WELD...This could be another avenue to look into, for wheels. Lets see what WELD will do for the market!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
felipebenjamin000