UTVUnderground.com - Dune Bashing The U.A.E. (Dubai-Abu Dhabi) // EVepic.com

JoeyD23

#utvunderground
Jan 9, 2009
North County San Diego
www.utvunderground.com
<iframe width="640" height="360" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/gVFTbggHP8Y" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>​

Race-Dezert.com had me tell our story to their cameras so that we could share the story with the off-road world! Hope you guys enjoy it!

Once again, thank you to Epic Electric Vehicles and Welcome Duners for making this happen!

Joey DiGiovanni Heads To The UAE » race-deZert.com

Dune Bashing (dune, dunes) (Bash-Ing): Dune bashing, also known as desert safari, is a form of off-roading, using an off-road vehicle to explore sand dunes. Whilst in some parts of the world, such as the fragile coastal dunes of Australia, it is illegal, in others such as the Middle East, it is a booming attraction for tourists. In the United States, there are a couple of areas as well, most notably the Silver Lake area in Mears, Michigan and portions of the Glamis Dunes in California.

UTVUnderground.com - Dune Bashing the U.A.E. (Dubai - Abu Dhabi)
Coverage Provided By: Epic EV (Electric Vehicles) // Epic Electric Vehicles
Sponsored by: Funco-Motorsports // Welcome Duners

Thats right, UTVUnderground.com is going to go play in the dunes of Dubai & Abu Dhabi curtesy of our friends at Funco-Motorsports & EPIC Electric Vehicles! This all came together about 1 month ago when I got a phone call from my buddy Grant George of Funco-Motorsports. Grant asked if I wanted to go on a trip with him to Dubai & Abu Dhabi to go play in the dunes of the United Arad Emirates (U.A.E.), meet some of his great customers, and reach out to the players involved in the off-road / UTV / buggy craze that has been going off for a couple of years now. Not being the kind of guy to pass up a sweet off-road adventure, especially one of this magnitude said heck yeah, I am in!

Not long after that phone call occurred I was on the phone with the great guys over at Epic Electric Vehicles talking about some cool things we have in the works together. The conversation of the U.A.E. trip came up and next thing you know EPIC was offering to be a part of our coverage helping make sure that we are able to share our story as best as we could! So HUGE thank you to Epic Electric Vehicles for stepping up and dialing us in and sponsoring the coverage we will provide from the middle east! If you have a minute check out their site and look at all the sick stuff they are building!

Our adventure begins with a 8:00am flight out of LAX on Wednesday February 15th and will carry on to February 27th (2 weeks)!! Its a 15 hour flight direct to Dubai from Los Angeles, CA. Once we land we will head strait to the dunes to a sick "camp" in Liwa. From there the fun kicks off! We are set up to meet and hang with Ahmad and his crazy RZR club simply known as the Dubai RZR Team, the guys responsible for those sick dune ride videos.

I will do my best to update this thread with pics, links, and information as it occurs. We should have WiFi and 3G internet in most areas. I look forward to sharing our adventure with all of you, I hope you enjoy following us along on this once in a lifetime adventure!

UTVUnderground.com is GOING WORLD WIDE!!

Last edited:

Ra3iAlbadayer

Nov 7, 2009
U.A.E. Sharjah
Well come to U.A.E and see you in AL Badayer Dunes area which is one of the famous riding area in the U.A.E. near Dubai which also known from long time for Americans and Europe people as a Big Red because there is big red dunes there. It is also a tourist area as there is quads and sxs vehicles for rent there and it is on the international highway from Dubai to Muscat in Sultanate of Oman. It is gust half hour driving from Dubai. And most of Dubai RZR Team video clip is when they are riding to there.
There is many of dune buggy builder visit it before like Buckshot racing and sand limo, and most of American sand cars you can find it there.
I am sure that you will enjoy in your trip and you will surprise.

Queen Racing

Make RZR's go BRAAAAAAAAAPPPPPP - UTVUnderground A
May 4, 2010
Lake Havasu City, AZ
www.queenracing.com
Joey don't forget to visit my shop there, Mr. Turbo Racing. There is going to be a drag race this weekend there. You guys should check it out. Remember they are going to let you test 3 of the baddest RZR's in the World.. Have a blast!!

OFFROADSWAPMEET

Aug 5, 2009
TEMECULA
Joey and Grant,
Have a safe trip and I'm sure you guys will have a blast. Get tons of pictures of the awesome dunes and all the crazy people.

Grant,
Joey said you couldn't scare him and the ride in glamis was NADA... HAHAHA

Take him on a adventure of a life time and I want to see you guys racing CAMELS.

JoeyD23

#utvunderground
Jan 9, 2009
North County San Diego
www.utvunderground.com
Well here is the Day 1 Update!

We flew out of LAX at 9:45am PST. 15 hour flight to Dubai direct! It was LONG. We landed in Dubai roughly around 1:30PM (Dubai Time) which is 1:30am PST in the US. Did not sleep the whole time, still havent slept and now its 8:00 pm here. We have been up for over 24hrs now and I am loving it. High on coffee and adrenaline. These boys love their coffee. So we land, get the full on first class treatment with a driver waiting for us. He loads us into their bad ass Land Cruiser and away we go to "The Camp" in the Al Bedayer dunes just outside of Dubai. Its like Glamis for Dubai. By 2:30 pm we are loaded up into the buggies and RZR's and off we go. These guys drive their stuff, these are not trailer queens! They provided Grant and I with our own Polaris RZR XP900 with DragonFire Racing doors and custom ANGRY BIRDS graphics! hahaha We shredded till sun down.

Camp is not your ordinary Glamis camp. This camp is staked out year round and is equipped with a massive party room (see pics) and just outside is a sick fire area with movie screen, and bad ass outdoor gazeebo type set up. Grant and I have a pimpin' room with bathroom, shower, and beds. Its better than a hotel and we are in the middle of the dunes!

Thursday is their Friday so people are rolling in just like Glamis. Its choas in the little town outside. Everyone drives like a race car driver. Its hilarious! Full on stunt riding on quads and in UTV's. I got some cool iPhone vids I am loading to YouTube to share. For now enjoy the pics!! Oh yeah, these guys are strait up BALLERS! They all rock the newest Funco buggies. There is even a Buckshot X2R Monster Buggy in the garage as well as a Buckshot Bullet and a few other hot rods! Tons of fun. I met up with Ahmad today of the Dubai RZR Team, you know the dudes that make those sick UTV vids. We will be cruising with them tomorrow too so look for more UTV stuff tomorrow!

Enjoy....

This is the ONLY Hummer in the world like this made by a local GM company. Pretty cool. Its got a 6.2 liter super charged motor! Its gets it! It is a 2 seater. Pretty cool.

This the Camp aka The EZBA! Just a few pics I took this evening. I will take more of the camp tomorrow to give you an idea of the lay of the land! We are gonna throw it down tonight!!

JimandMelissa

UTVUndeground La Familia
Oct 4, 2010
That's gotta be the most awesome camp I've ever seen !!!!!!

Hope you guys have a great time and keep the pix coming. :cool:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
felipebenjamin000