Ultimate lightweight 30" desert tire?

Rynomx785

Jun 21, 2015
Wickenburg, AZ
No way am I running 8 PSI without beadlocks. That can't be the max pressure. That does explain why their load rating are so low though.

Glamisfan

Oct 26, 2009
imperial valley
Have never heard of those tires either but they do look pretty good. Tried to find some info on them on Google and there's not much info out there yet.

desertwheeler

Extra Crispy
Oct 25, 2011
Barstow

They measured 29" on the car with 15 psi. With the 5+2 offset it narrowed it to 64" from the jx wheels which where at 66".

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: Rynomx785

NIKAL

May 13, 2012
Looks good! BTW I was told the manufactures measure their tires mounted on the rims at spec pressures off the vehicle. So I would bet if you took it off and measured with no weight on the tire it would measure 30 inches.

Lets us know how they do. The others I've spoke to who are running the Kahuna's were happy with them. The GMZ Cutthroat did great for me.

desertwheeler

Extra Crispy
Oct 25, 2011
Barstow
They are 30" off the machine I checked that too. I'm a bit bummed about loosing two inches in width but I think I'll survive haha.

Ryno134

Jul 1, 2010
Orange County, CA
The Arisun aftershock just ran the Bluewater Desert Challenge on a couple of the Lonestar racing cars. Justin Quinn who got 8th overall LOVED the tires, he said it was a lot more predictable than his previous tires and the traction was awesome! let me know if you guys need anymore info on the tires. Also Rynomx785 the load ratings will be changing very soon.

Ryno134

Jul 1, 2010
Orange County, CA
nothing with the tire build will change, just the writing on the sidewall. The factory used ATV tire guidelines for the sidewall markings, they are updating to Utility tire specs which will be rated at 18psi Max opperating pressure. just like all the other utv specific tires on the market.

Reactions: Rynomx785

desertwheeler

Extra Crispy
Oct 25, 2011
Barstow
I just went for a short ride over river bottom sand washes and rocky trails and I feel real happy with my tire choice. My rzr was clutched for 28's already but it felt pretty good as it is. Didn't seem to loose a lot of power lost some of its snap but now enough to not make it still fun.

It feels like it's gonna fit right in on my driving style and terrain. I needed something to not let me down in rocks and soft sand. I feel like this performed better in the sand then the blackwater and had good grip on loose over hard.

NIKAL

May 13, 2012
I just went for a short ride over river bottom sand washes and rocky trails and I feel real happy with my tire choice. My rzr was clutched for 28's already but it felt pretty good as it is. Didn't seem to loose a lot of power lost some of its snap but now enough to not make it still fun.

It feels like it's gonna fit right in on my driving style and terrain. I needed something to not let me down in rocks and soft sand. I feel like this performed better in the sand then the blackwater and had good grip on loose over hard.

Glad to hear the GMZ Kahuna is working good for you. Your the 3rd person I have heard from who made the switch from another Brand and feel the Kahuna works better then the previous tire they were running.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
felipebenjamin000