Shock Therapy Charity Car Drop

Shock Therapy

Suspension Tuning
Aug 10, 2014
Arizona
Hello everyone. Some of you may already have seen this on social media but if not here you go. We were fortunate enough to be involved in the charity event at the Roadhouse in Cave Creek AZ this past weekend. Many UTV industry companies and thousands of people were at the event. It was all in an effort to raise money for Bethematch.com who tests people to find donor matches for Cancer victims. Our good friend and off road legend Larry Ragland's son, Chad Ragland (also owns Cage Worx) is fighting cancer right now and we wanted to raise money to benefit him. Politely he said he is good but helping bethematch.com could help others find donors like he did. So, we talked with our friends at Speed Strap (killer tow straps that interweave for easy pulling) Fox Shocks (we run RC2's on our XPT), Method Wheels and Tensor tires to help sponsor our Car Drop. The event was killer and the Car Drop raised thousands of dollars! Just to answer a few questions in advance that people have posed on social media:

Q; Did you set the car up for the drop? A: The car/shocks are exactly the way we race/pre-run the car. We did not change anything for the drop.

Q: The front seems a bit soft. A: After some external clicker adjustments the car loved a 10 ft drop. As a matter of fact, we dropped our car over 30 times through out the weekend. But, above that it was maxed out in the front and would need more valving and spring to go higher and handle it perfectly. We were not about to set the shocks up for a drop. I love the way it rides as it is.

Q: The car sits high, you must have cranked up the springs. A: The car sits a bit high after the drop NOT because we ran the spring pre load down. We didn't change any of that at all. It sits higher because the tires are pinched in as if you just let it off the jack. If we drove the car between drops it would settle to it's normal height every time.

Q: If the car was good at 10 ft but past it's limits above that why did you drop it from 15ft? A: For charity man! We had people bidding $100 a foot to go higher sometimes so we just kept raising it up!

Q: Need a stock car drop for comparison to see how yours did. A: No, it wasn't about that. We just wanted something entertaining that would raise money. I am quite sure that a stock car would have bent arms and shock shafts way before the heights we were doing. Our car is set up for abuse. It really isn't a fair comparison at all and really not worth doing unless someone wanted to destroy their own stock car for charity? Maybe next time. lol

Here are some pics and some videos from various drops and tests at the event. If you want to help please donate to bethematch.com. Also, thank you to Joey D for the bump on social media! Thank you!

upload_2017-10-17_10-14-37.jpeg
upload_2017-10-17_10-51-1.jpeg
upload_2017-10-17_10-52-15.jpeg

Reactions: rockstarcustomz

tatum

Hans Solo - 2009 UTV Baja 500 & 1000 Winner - UTVU
Feb 10, 2009
arizona
Great job guys! Had I known about this I would have attended.

Rynomx785

Jun 21, 2015
Wickenburg, AZ
I saw in the comments on Youtube that you guys turned the compression after the 12 footer and dropped it from 15 ft. Do you have the video of that?

Shock Therapy

Suspension Tuning
Aug 10, 2014
Arizona
I saw in the comments on Youtube that you guys turned the compression after the 12 footer and dropped it from 15 ft. Do you have the video of that?
nothing that I can link here easily. 12 ft was good after comp adjustment. 15 ft was way past where it was happy but we did it anyway.

Rynomx785

Jun 21, 2015
Wickenburg, AZ
nothing that I can link here easily. 12 ft was good after comp adjustment. 15 ft was way past where it was happy but we did it anyway.
The second 12 foot drop with more compression isn't on your FB page? Just curious to see the difference. How many clicks was the first drop at and how many did you add for the second one?

Shock Therapy

Suspension Tuning
Aug 10, 2014
Arizona
We didn't film all our drops. First drop was one turn in on both high and low speed comp. Second drop was 3.5 turns in on both. We left it there.

jajl22

Jun 5, 2015
very cool idea to raise money for charity...nice job, video is cool to watch as well

Bry@GearUp2Go

Nov 13, 2017
Wisconsin
Very cool guys! The underbody video angle was really cool! It's great to see companies doing charitable events like this! Well done Team Shock Therapy!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
felipebenjamin000