Rzr XP Turbo: 1" or 2" paddle?

Free Agent

I had only 1 in Dog Beers
Jun 13, 2010
What are you guys running in paddle height?
1" tall or 2" tall?
I have to get this right the first time.
New Rzr XPT.

Thanks.

jajl22

Jun 5, 2015
a lot of the recent turbo builds i have seen are running a 15" wheel and the old style VW paddles like the "12.00 desert trak" or the "14.50 desert trak"

I am not saying these are the way to go or anything like that, it just seems to be where the new "cool guy" trend is heading.

Free Agent

Jun 13, 2010
Comp cut is to give you more spin. Nothing to do with weight.
I have 16 one inch paddles now and they seem too slippery.
They really spin.

Lots of talk to run FST/STU 2" on the Rzr turbo. Even on the Rzr turbo 4.

It's an expensive test to see if the 2" is the way to roll.
Need to hear from people that have actually done it.

sand shark

Mar 30, 2009
West Hills, CA
What are you guys running in paddle height?
1" tall or 2" tall?
I have to get this right the first time.
New Rzr XPT.

Thanks.
I would just give Fullerton Sand Sports a call and see what they recommend for the Turbo XP. They have been testing a lot of different combinations. They can give you the best options for where you ride and for the tire height you want to go with.

sand shark

Mar 30, 2009
West Hills, CA
Comp cut is to give you more spin. Nothing to do with weight.
I have 16 one inch paddles now and they seem too slippery.
They really spin.

Lots of talk to run FST/STU 2" on the Rzr turbo. Even on the Rzr turbo 4.

It's an expensive test to see if the 2" is the way to roll.
Need to hear from people that have actually done it.

Comp cut is when they groove more of the tire off to where you start seeing the cords. It is to take off weight. Cutting a portion of the paddle (80/20; 70/30 etc....) is what will allow more tires spin and for you to break loose the tires easier in turns.

Rynomx785

Jun 21, 2015
Wickenburg, AZ
I have a feeling Fullerton is going to recommend the Beach Comber/Tribute setup. Dave told me that is his favorite setup. I couldn't get over how ugly (IMO) the Beach Combers were and the Blaster fronts were way cheaper so I ended up with a Blasters all the way around.

I just have a 1000 but I don't see the Turbo needing that much more paddle than the the 1000. I think the full number one is slightly over paddled for a stock 1K. I've been running about 12 PSI in them.

Simi Dude

La Familia For Life !!
Feb 25, 2010
Simi Valley Ca.
I would think the Big Horns would work as well or better than the Beach Comber/Tribute setup. I think we are going back to the 70's with the Beach Comber/Tribute tires.......Really old school !

Free Agent

Jun 13, 2010

Comp cut is when they groove more of the tire off to where you start seeing the cords. It is to take off weight. Cutting a portion of the paddle (80/20; 70/30 etc....) is what will allow more tires spin and for you to break loose the tires easier in turns.
I think you might have that wrong. It's a staggered pattern when every other paddle is cut narrower on opposite sides across the face of the tire.
Early comp cuts were on a shaved tire casing might be causing the confusion.

Comp Cut Paddle (Top Picture):

--- --- --- --- --- ---

^Regular cut paddle (Bottom picture) ^

Last edited:

sand shark

Mar 30, 2009
West Hills, CA
Staggered cut is the paddle (80/20; 70/30 etc....)

Comp cut is as I stated. They take more of the tire off to shave weight.

Your bottom picture is just the standard set up after they remove the other 16 paddles

I have the comp cut on my quad paddles

Glamisfan

Oct 26, 2009
imperial valley
Sand Shark has it 100% right. 80/20 means that the paddles are cut in a staggered pattern and 80% of the paddles are left while 20% is removed. Comp cutting is to remove weight from the tire. Removing weight cuts down on your rotating mass which makes it feel like you have more power. Weight, especially rotating mass, robs horsepower.

Reactions: ROTAX and Simi Dude

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
felipebenjamin000