Real world experience of RCV axle shafts vs others SBR??

Ratoutahell

Sep 21, 2014
Western Colorado
Ok so now that the RCV axles have been out for a bit I was curious about the input from racers THAT HAVE USED BOTH RCV and other manufactures for the XPT/XP 1000 specifically in desert racing application.

The RCV shafts are obviously quite a bit more expensive but it would be worth it if you broke them say half as much? Has anybody had any RCV failures?

I appreciate any feedback!

///Airdam Clutches

Nov 14, 2014
in the last year of the RCVs, i was beginning to think they were the way to go. It seems as if they were the strongest and best axle available in recent races. however this last race, i saw more axle failures than the whole last year combined, boot failures, cv failures, grease break down ect ect. it seems as if every person who has not had a failure in the last year, all seemed to have failures all in one race. i was truly surprised at the amount of axle and driveline failures, it didnt seem to matter if it was in the MavX3 or the RZRTurbo it seemed that almost everyone with RCV had axle issues.

not sure how or why, they were proving to be one of the best and seemed to be getting stronger throughout their testing and advances in the last few months. but this last weekend was a huge step back.

kornfed

May 13, 2015
Costa Mesa
www.tetraracing.com
We have been running SBR since last year. SF 250, Baja 500, Bluewater and Parker 250. We only had one CV issue and no axle issues. They seem to work well. We did just blew a transmission last week during testing so there is that, but the axles have been solid. Maybe too solid. :)

BiggJim

I Hate Rules - UTVUnderground Approved
Jan 15, 2009
Bakersfield
On our N/A XP1000 platform we literally never broke one (summer brother) in 2 season. This season we have already broke 1 at parker and had boot issues at the Mint400.

george.felix

George
Jan 11, 2015
Houston, Texas
what about the rhino axle 2.0 just won the mint 400 and only $250 each. Just scares me because super atv is famous for china crap.
China and crap do not necessarily go hand in hand. If they set up supply chain right and process and procedures they can be as good or better. But I know what you mean.....did they set it up right and did their Chinese partner procure the cheaper materials anyway. Has always been the Chinese equation. I've seen amazing quality come out of China in highly sophisticated equipment.

Rynomx785

Jun 21, 2015
Wickenburg, AZ
China and crap do not necessarily go hand in hand. If they set up supply chain right and process and procedures they can be as good or better. But I know what you mean.....did they set it up right and did their Chinese partner procure the cheaper materials anyway. Has always been the Chinese equation. I've seen amazing quality come out of China in highly sophisticated equipment.
Like the bearings in my transmission??? Oh wait...lol

Reactions: kornfed

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
felipebenjamin000