Positive post on Race Desert for UTV's - need your help!

Discussion in 'Desert Racing' started by Bajaxp, May 7, 2012.

1. Big Guy

Big Guy Havasu Racer

Well said Cory!

2. cocojoe

cocojoe New Member

I can only speak for myself, but it seems like a no brainer to start the utv's in with the rest of the cars, with starting order determined by average speed of the class, like all other 4 wheeled vehicles with a steering wheel. It doesnt make any sense to start them up with the bikes and quads, when they are cars. I think that is the main concern of the the faster cars they "utv's" shouldnt be starting before cars that are faster than themselves. They just think that the same rules that apply to all other cars should apply to a utv. It's not an elitest thing it's a safety thing

3. DUNE DUMMY 29

DUNE DUMMY 29 OG Sticker Man - UTVUnderground La Familia

I USED TO RACE 3WHEELERS & THEN DESERT SUPERLIGHTS & A PILOT. WE NEVER WERE RESPECTED OR LIKED. THEY CONSIDERED US ROLLING CHICHANES & THE MOTORCYCLES WOULD ROOST US WHEN THEY PASSED. I HAVE A PERMANENT LUMP ON MY RIGHT WRIST FROM A ROCK THROWN BY A BIKE. I ALWAYS WOULD GET OUT OF THE WAY OF ANYONE THAT WAS FASTER THAN ME. I RACED DESERT RACES FOR FUD IN DISTRICT 38. IT IS SAD BUT SOME RACERS DON'T GET THE COMPASSION & RESPECT WE SHOULD FEEL & SHOW FOR ALL RACERS. CORY
    WAS RIGHT ON WITH HIS COMMENTS