Picture of mold for a new Extreme Tire Carcass

warlock

Wanna Go Fast? - UTVUnderground Approved
Jan 23, 2009
az
TIM sent me a picture of a new 30 x11 x 14 tire mold that just got finished and the first few tires for testing will be out in a few weeks . Should have 92" to 94" of Roll out so its going to be Tall and look awesome. Once there buffed and paddles glued on to verify sizes and weight of carcass then Tim will have 50 made then checked and modifications to the build and weights of tires will go on from there. and he can add more width to the mold for a wider tire at that time to. Probably go up to a 13" wide tire. Skat-Trak is looking into some new paddle molds to go with the width of this tire. Pretty cool to watch this process come together. Im excited to see it happening cause I know this will be the best Dune Tire available PERIOD.

Attachments

Reactions: JoeyD23

warlock

Jan 23, 2009
az
After they come out of that mold they get shipped off to Skat-Trak and they Buff them down and then Vulcanize the rubber that forms into a paddle , its a cool process that I cannot show here in Pictures.

megadesertdiesel

Jan 25, 2009
Mesa, AZ
huh, i just assumed that sand tires were knobby tires shaved down. Is Tim's mold the first sand specific carcus?

too bad i run 12" wheels or i would be willing to be a test dummy.

warlock

Jan 23, 2009
az
huh, i just assumed that sand tires were knobby tires shaved down. Is Tim's mold the first sand specific carcus?

Yes usually in the years past the only choices available were Knobby dirt tires and they buff all of the tread off which is a waste of time and Rubber. So Tim at Extreme Tire is having a new Mold made that is smooth and has as little rubber on it as possible to keep the carcass light. and that also means the Guys at Skat-Trak wont spend as much time buffing down the tires. Some Chinese made tires are so inconsistent with the cording and air pockets in them that they suck to buff and don't work well at all. For example we tried some 32" Roctanes and they just sucked, they hit the cord real fast and the tires were just hard and lumpy so those tires are no Bueno.
The Roll out should be around 92" to 94" which is tall for all of those guys that like the big tire look to. and Tim is a Fanatic about Weight so they will be light.

crazywatson

#13 - UTVUnderground Approved
Jul 30, 2009
Redwood City
Molded tires have been around for a long time in quads There are Stu, Doonz and Sand Strippers off the top of my head for UTV'S

warlock

Jan 23, 2009
az
I got some good pictures from the Factory making the Extreme Warlocks.

warlock

Jan 23, 2009
az
Trying to upload Pics and this Damn site don't like them big I guess So I think I give up on this site.

ALEX

Mar 26, 2010
Bummer I was really looking forward to seeing the pictures

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

warlock

Jan 23, 2009
az
Yeah they are pretty cool to see how the Rubber is rolled out flat and compressed for the different plys.
I took another picture of my screen to see if the picture will be smaller, I don't like all of this computer crap and this new site page kinda bites. I have tried a few different ways to get the Pictures up and this site sucks.

Last edited:
Reactions: ALEX

warlock

Jan 23, 2009
az
Image size to large.
uploaded file is to large to be exact.

warlock

Jan 23, 2009
az
Would you mind emailing me the image [email protected] so I can see how large it is and know what i should set the image limitations too. We can't leave the setting wide open cause it will just crush our server with the amount of images and video we have uploaded. Thanks for doing this.
Yeah no problem I even took a picture with my phone on a really low quality setting and no Bueno

Greenee

Nov 16, 2011
That is cool to see the entire process.

Thanks for sharing the Pics, I can't wait to see the final product!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
felipebenjamin000