permanent suds without inner tubes

RZRSKEG

Dec 15, 2011
Fort mcmurray
This will be my second year of ice rally racing and in the first year i learned a ton. stud set up is key to staying consistent with your times. trying to get them to stay in can be a challenge. i also learned too many in the back sucks where i run 4wd. I wanted to build a permanent studded tires and most i see run inner tubes, this is due from drilling studs from the inside out. i didn't want that because i hate tubes. this is what i came up with and so far they are holding up great. they leak very slowly but last all day without any needed air ups. every 5 days i will need to add 5 to 6 psi.

crazywatson

#13 - UTVUnderground Approved
Jul 30, 2009
Redwood City
Nice those Tap Con screws should last pretty good there tuff. Stan's No Tues tire sealant may work good too. They have used them on mountain bikes for year to turn tube tires and wheels tubeless. They use it on other tires too. Or some Amerseal. I have Amerseal in my paddles and I use to have to put air in everyday now they hold air for months

RZRSKEG

Dec 15, 2011
Fort mcmurray
Nice those Tap Con screws should last pretty good there tuff. Stan's No Tues tire sealant may work good too. They have used them on mountain bikes for year to turn tube tires and wheels tubeless. They use it on other tires too. Or some Amerseal. I have Amerseal in my paddles and I use to have to put air in everyday now they hold air for months
i ended up cutting these studs down by half. i did this due to the soft ply tire allowed for the stud to be easily bent right over. I was a afraid it would twist too much and cause damage to the seal, ultimately loosing traction as well. 1 1/4 i should have went with, not 1 3/4. lesson learned. i want to find some automotive tires and use sled track studs. run 16" fatties all around, low profile all studded up. i think it would look sexy as hell. lol

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
felipebenjamin000