OCJeff's, Revival of the S, Going radius.

Discussion in 'Black Rhino Performance Store' started by BlackRhinoSteven, May 9, 2012.

1. BlackRhinoSteven

BlackRhinoSteven Official UTVUnderground Sponsor

I have had the pleasure of dunning with OCjeff a few times and it always a pleasure, He has skillzs. When he popped the question about helping him with his build, I felt privileged as he lives not so close to our shop.
    Here is a post by Jeff and a couple of pics from another thread.

Quote: Originally Posted by ocjeff
    Well its the end of the Glamis season, know for the summer Glamis season. My S went into Black Rhino for a new custom roll cage. While its there it getting a new left front CV boot as something poked a hole in it last trip. Most likely the the bush I could not avoid and drove thru it.

Also the motor mounts where done way to much play in engine. So its getting a set of Holtz motor mounts also. Its also getting new tribal whip and one of tribls new anti collision lights cant wait for the next trip in a few weeks.

A big THANKS to STEVEN at BlACK RHINO for the great service and good price

It has 2,600 miles on it now and other then one new ball joint and the motor mounts will be the only other thing thats worn out. Thats dam good in my book.

Thanks for the props OCJeff, here is a pic of some progress, Thanks very much for the opertunity, Boot is on order, Holtz arrived yesterday. Cage is in the works, .095 DOM material........

Here is a couple of pics of the progress, Picked the car up in Glamis.

[​IMG] This image has been resized. Click this bar to view the full image. The original image is sized 1024x577 and weights 173KB.[​IMG][/IMG]

[​IMG] This image has been resized. Click this bar to view the full image. The original image is sized 1024x577 and weights 186KB.[​IMG][/IMG][​IMG] This image has been resized. Click this bar to view the full image. The original image is sized 1024x577 and weights 173KB.[​IMG][/IMG][​IMG] This image has been resized. Click this bar to view the full image. The original image is sized 1024x577 and weights 203KB.[​IMG][/IMG] [​IMG] This image has been resized. Click this bar to view the full image. The original image is sized 1024x577 and weights 171KB.[​IMG][/IMG]
    YUP

[​IMG] Click this bar to view the small image.[​IMG][/IMG]​
    [/CENTER][/CENTER]

More to come....

Rear section started this am
    [​IMG]

Last edited: May 10, 2012
  2. scott425

scott425 Member

looking good steve :D:D:D

3. BlackRhinoSteven

Thanks Scott425, we are digging it to. one of the best things you can do to your stock car !

Scott, you going to make it out with us for the 26/27 of this month ?

just added a pic of the start of the rear section
    [​IMG]

4. dev's rzr

dev's rzr Active Member

DANG THATS LOOKIN DAMMMMM GOOD

5. BlackRhinoSteven

Thanks for the props, here is another view and thanks SFI.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

6. dev's rzr

dev's rzr Active Member

Someday when i quit spending money on repares and tires ...
    I'll have to get one there great cage's

7. BlackRhinoSteven

I am thinking you need to get a cage before it cost you more money. our 4130 cages really strengthen up the car and thats a bonus in may ways.

8. dev's rzr

dev's rzr Active Member

10 4 sir

9. BlackRhinoSteven

Should be back from Powder this week :D

10. BlackRhinoSteven

Powder is on and cage is getting fasten down. just about ready for Glamis this weekend.

[​IMG]

11. dev's rzr

dev's rzr Active Member

Looks great

12. TNT

TNT Banned Por Vida

I've been designing complex structure for 30 years. This is a nice cage and I'm not saying that because of the pretty PC. It is made of 4130 that welds good has less weld knock down factor to the 100, 000 lbs of load it is capable of. The welds look good! The center truss design fwd/rear looks like it has a good load path to take out impacts in that direction, but as importantly side loads from a roll. The bends are smooth so load can flow without accumulating at any point. Nice job!

13. BlackRhinoSteven

Dam some one that know his materials nice!, Thanks for the Props. Were here to stay. it is nice to have Sean from SFI to help us out with this cages. all of our cages come from .095 stock.

14. BlackRhinoSteven

Loaded and ready for Glamis.

[​IMG]