Jack/Repair kit to carry with UTV

Danny11d

Jul 25, 2011
SF
Anyone know what you typically would use for a jack and basic maint. kit for off road UTV racing? I mean something you'd carry on the UTV. I saw a basic Kragen style one that was like 30 lbs. Hell, by the time I finish this thing it's going weigh a ton..any ideas?

bwinkl04

Aug 23, 2011
Anyone know what you typically would use for a jack and basic maint. kit for off road UTV racing? I mean something you'd carry on the UTV. I saw a basic Kragen style one that was like 30 lbs. Hell, by the time I finish this thing it's going weigh a ton..any ideas?
Check out pro armor's they have a really nice one that mounts to your spare, and it has an integrated pad so it doesn't sink in the sand. proarmor.com

Bajaxp

SXS Racer Extraordinaire - UTVUnderground Approved
Jan 21, 2010
OC
For racing you are going to want to carry a spare and a jack. The jack I use is off of a 1950's VW. But the hot set up is the CO2 powered QuikJak from Baja Designs. https://www.bajadesigns.com/NET/C-401/KWIK+JAK

For play riding, I simply carry a high quality tire plug kit and a cheapo 12V air compressor in the Lock and Ride cargo box that most Polaris dealer carry. I have used the plugs and compressor too many times until I got my tire pressure up, up but it works well.

JoeyD23

#utvunderground
Jan 9, 2009
North County San Diego
www.utvunderground.com
I am with BajaXP on this one! The Baja Designs QuikJak is amazing! I have seen both Crowdog and Team Green use their's and they work really well. Crowdog's uses the little Co2 containers to power it while Team Green uses a small air tank for his.

If you want to go with a Jack then make sure you get a really light weight aluminum race jack! But if weight is a concern then go Baja Designs all the way!!!

Ignore Amos

Jan 14, 2011
Tucson, AZ
We use a RV scissor jack for the race car that has a plate welded to the top and bottom..nice thing about the RV scissor jack is that it already has a lugnut style connector for your lug wrench or battery powered impact (what we carry in the racer)...they are available at most RV supply places (CampingWorld etc) for about $20.. I do like the Pro-armor kit too...looks perfect for everyday use but a little pricy at $149

Baja Diego

Baja Designs Numero Uno - Official UTVUnderground
Jan 23, 2009
Hey Danny11D here are the specs on Baja Designs Kwik Jak.
Kwik Jak
- 6†Stroke
- Weighs only 4.5 lbs.
- Quick fill - lifts vehicle in seconds!
- Only 12.5†collapsed length
- Adjustable height
Lift Capacities:
25g Cartridge
1350 lbs lift
38g Cartridge
2400 lbs lift
20oz. Bottle
2400 lbs lift
https://www.bajadesigns.com/NET/P-620450/Kwik+Jak
and a link for the mount https://www.bajadesigns.com/NET/P-620444/Kwik+Jak,+Jack+Mount+Black
Pm me for utv underground pricing if you're interested in one!

brevndeb

Your Mom
May 5, 2010
Beaumont CA-B-Town
We use a RV scissor jack for the race car that has a plate welded to the top and bottom..nice thing about the RV scissor jack is that it already has a lugnut style connector for your lug wrench or battery powered impact (what we carry in the racer)...they are available at most RV supply places (CampingWorld etc) for about $20.. I do like the Pro-armor kit too...looks perfect for everyday use but a little pricy at $149
x2.

onerich

The Carpenter - UTVUnderground's La familia
Jan 29, 2011
Elmonte, SOCAL
Here's some things ( for a RZR set up BUT WILL WORK FOR OTHER SXS ALSO )

SPARE BELT AND THE TOOLS TO GET TO IT (STAR SOCKETS )
AIR PUMP & PLUGS / SPARE TIRE
SPARE FUSE
JACK AND TOOLS TO TAKE TIRE OFF
NORMAL HAND TOOLS KIT AND A SPARE NUT BOLT KIT
TOW STRAP 25'/50' TAKE YOUR PICK
CELL PHONE, RADIO,GPS ,SPOT GPS , MAPS
FIRST AID KIT , TP , MATCHES
FIRE EX.

HDRA1

old buggy dork - UTVUnderground Approved
Sep 3, 2010
Las Vegas nv
or even less at the junkyard they work great and if your on a budget even better :D

the baja designs one is very nice they build a great product

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
felipebenjamin000