Chase Trucks!!!!!

az_amsoil

Amsoil Arizona - UTVUnderground Approved
Jan 22, 2009
Is that your new rig Bob? It needs a bright Orange stripe along the bottom of it.
I wish, I asked Ryan if I could "borrow" it for a SCORE trip. His response was, sure, we rent it out for $80k deposit...no need to return :D

I did get a nice AGM for the front window.

ZTFab

Zero Tolerance Fabrication - Official UTVUndergrou
Mar 25, 2009
Upland, ca
These beds look so nice.

That's one of Vildosola's chase trucks.

...of course with Dave Clarks Road Box crammed with every tool imaginable!! Talk about 10 lbs in a 5lb bag!!

I don't think they manufacture those fiberglass service bodies anymore.

I do know that Gus Sr has two brand new ones in one of his shops in Mexicali. When we asked if we could buy one from him for our personal truck he just laughed at us and walked away. I guess not.....

O'Malley

Apr 14, 2009
this is a buddy of mines chase truck. it is a 2006 dodge mega cab with a kore front end w/hydro bumps. deaver rear w/ hydro bumps king 2.5 all they way around.

Ignore Amos

Jan 14, 2011
Tucson, AZ
this is a buddy of mines chase truck. it is a 2006 dodge mega cab with a kore front end w/hydro bumps. deaver rear w/ hydro bumps king 2.5 all they way around.
Saw this truck down at the Baja 500... they had pitted next to ours and my son took a number of pics.. because of it, I ordered a 2012 Meg Cab 4x4 dually in all Silver....planning on having my Alcoa's powercoated black too. I guess I have no imagination :rolleyes:

Bajaxp

SXS Racer Extraordinaire - UTVUnderground Approved
Jan 21, 2010
OC
When I was spending a lot of time racing, chasing and pre-running in Baja, this was my rig. I sold it a couple of years ago, but I miss it! :eek:

Attachments

Rusty5150

UTVUG PHOTOG
Jan 9, 2009
About a year ago I picked up this 93 F350 for $1500. It had a cracked flex plate (7.3idi non turbo diesel). It took a while to find the parts I needed but now she is all fixed. The reason I am posting this here is a lot of the UTVs operate on a limited budget. So building a chase truck is not in your budget. But a year later and less than $2500 (light bar was free RIGID IND 4 LIFE!) I have a nice diesel crew cab 4x4 chase truck.

Here are some of the things I will be loading into my truck.

Chase Truck Project

(120v power port in dash)
(120v power in bed)
(Hand Held holder)
(Hard wired hand held charger)
(Race radio)
(External speaker)
(Angle grinder Flap/Cut Off/Grind)
(Vise system)
(Actuator for LED Bar)
(Rain gear)
(Fire starter)
(First aid)
(Tape_ Duct, electrical)
(Safety/bailing wire)
(Zip tie ( steel tab)
(Electrical kit ( wire & conn)
(Fix a flat)
(On board air)
(Tire plug kit)
(Flashlight)
(Tow strap)
(Spare belt)
(Nuts and bolts (self tapping screw)
(Shovel)
(Sleeping bag)
(Sun screen)
(Chapstick)
(xtra lug nuts)
(Snacks)
(Flare)
(JB weld/ epoxy)
(Knife/ razor knife)
(Trash bags)
(Zip locks)
(Built in bottle opener)
(Hose mender)
(Fuses)
(Rubber gloves)
(Two men tent)
(Tape measure)
(Jumper cables)
(Jump box)
(10 foot iPhone cord)

Grampsride

Team Incognito
May 8, 2009
Imperial, Ca
Awesome thread, I used to drool over all the chase trucks when I was racing. I have a buddy that has a few, I will get some pics for you guys, nicely done up.

Rusty5150

UTVUG PHOTOG
Jan 9, 2009
I installed some Rigid Ind dome lights today. I wired them into the stock dome light so they come on with the door switches. You never have to much light in a truck in Mexico.

Rusty5150

UTVUG PHOTOG
Jan 9, 2009
Here is a flatbed design I am working on for my truck. I want to be able to haul a UTV on the back and still carry spare parts. There is 4 storage pods underneath the bed plus the dovetail section opens as well.

I really like the flatbed option for hauling a UTV. No more doing 55mph with a trailer. Plus the ability to park easily and haul your UTV into remote locations. This is one design, I will start on another design later this week. I want one a little more rock crawler based.

Last edited:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
felipebenjamin000