Search results

1. Y

Team Nasty 1924 race recap

Thanks for the comments Kelly!! It has been a blast hanging with you guys the last 4 or 5 years all across the country!! Hopefully, I will see ya at the Mint!! Rob
  2. Y

2014 King Of The Hammers - YES there will be a UTV Race!

Arctic Cat.....Snowmobiles?
  3. Y

Nothing to add except a Yamaha Rhino is going to win this year!:D That is all..... Rob
  4. Y

I haven't seen anything "official " for 2014 yet, so had to base it on years past. Still wouldn't run a turbo, legal or not!! Rob
  5. Y

Most of these guys are in Baja, so I answer these questions. Are you entered yet ? Prices go up 12/1. If the rules are the same as years passed, you are good with the turbo in the Unlimited class ( I wouldn't run one, and I bet you will be the only one.....what does that tell ya ??)...
  6. Y

Yamaha Rhino 450 engine swap to 660????

Its expensive to do the Rotax swap, but well worth it. Either sell the 450, keep the 450 and enjoy it, or do the Rotax swap. I had an 840 in mine, now have a 1000!!! Rob
  7. Y

By "definition" a UTV has 1000 cc's or less. So, if you rebuild your engine, and it is now 1030 cc 's, who cares... If you make 1100, then, playing by the same rules , 1130 is fine... Hell, if 1130 is good, might as well make 1200 cc sled engines pass. Etc, etc, etc....then the next...
  8. Y

Yup..... 2 classes Sportsman Pro Rules the same., Pro starts first (qualifying or not), Sportsman second by draw. UTV based engine, UTV chassis, CVT, 4WD and some sort of UTV skins.....peel the fawk out!!
  9. Y

Front rhino hubs

I have 1000's of miles on my stock hubs racing all over from Texas to Mexico. Keep the splines lubed and the spindles nuts tight and you should be good. Rob
  10. Y

Lol...yeah, I know, as I play, too!! Damn Memes of KOH hatin on our Red Rhinos!! Rob
  11. Y

Grab the 7 iron, because you have some fans, too, my friend!!! :-D
  12. Y

Lol....ok, at least you know what you are talking about then!!! I don't recognize your user name. Thanks for your support during the week!! You know as well as I, that it couldn't happen with out you and the others!!! See ya on the lake bed!!! Rob
  13. Y

Lol....yeah, I have a lot of fans!!!
  14. Y

Here ya go... 1000cc Rotax and Kings with rear bypasses.
  15. Y

Lol...you may be right, but if the rules are strict I may never find out!! Oh, and my Rhino will dust my 2012 XP BTW- what year(s) have you raced KOH? 2014 will be my 6th time!!! :-D
  16. Y

True, but XP's have a bunch of things others don't... Awesome aftermarket support Light weight Lots of power Small size I HAVE to modify my 2007 660 Rhino to even begin to play ball. And for the record, those 3 finishers have all rock crawled before!! Rob
  17. Y

It's Unlimited and sportsman. Because of "Production" I have to race Sportsman in Bitd/score/HDRA....because my 6 year old Rhino has a Rotax (cam-am) and bypass shocks on the rear. There is LOTS of other racing around where you can race machines that are comparable to each other....KOH...
  18. Y

1000cc/ power sports based engine A UTV chassis It's unlimited UTV racing...more than 1000cc's, it isn't considered a UTV (ca helmet law) And with out a UTV chassis, it isn't a UTV How hard was that?? Lol Rob
  19. Y

Shock revalving for dummies....

Interesting about the N psi. I will have to remember that. I am kind of in the same boat with my front (rear is good with Bypasses:D). Keep us posted!! Rob
  20. Y

Where did you hear no engine swaps??
  21. Y

HDRA Mirage 300 27-19 September

27-29 September We are in and Sean Cook is in, anyone else going to be there? Got a new 1000cc Roatx being built!!!:D Rob
  22. Y

Since my Rhino is more Desert racer than Rock crawler....I may or may not race in 2014. I have done it 5 times (3-4400 and 2-1900), so I am kind of over that race!!! Rob
  23. Y

HiPer Racing Wheels

My Hipers are 4 months old and a beadlock ring cracked at the first race. How do I go about getting it covered? I have heard stories about warranty claims that havent been too promising. I do like the wheels, and just raced the NORRA Mexican 1000 with mine with no issues. Rob
  24. Y

NORRA.... Leaving today!

My little Rhino is prepped and loaded for the 1200 mile journey down to Cabo. My number is 199 and I am in the Ultra4 class with all of my old 4400 friends. Eric Bothwell from NYC bought in to split driving/co-dawging duties, and my mission is to show him a good time. In fact, he will be...
  25. Y

Possibly Lookig For partner/driver in Pro Class UTV race car

Its a good concept, but you are going to be hard pressed to find someone with that kind of $$$ to throw down on a car they dont own. Your best bet is to sell the right seat for different races/series. Also, advertise on all the desert racing and UTV forums, and dont forget about the book of...
  26. Y

NORRA 1000 in a UTV. $1900 to split driving/codriving. $1000 to co-drive only.

Thanks! lol...I even turned it up, but it could be louder! Not my best video, but I was in a hurry!
  27. Y

Here is a vid of the race 3 days ago here at El Paso.:D http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zG_CgVI-wNo&feature=youtu.be
  28. Y

2013 SCORE Tecate San Felipe 250 - official thread

Yeah, I just wanted to run in a Pro class. My Rhino is a whole different animal now!!!
  29. Y

2013 SCORE Tecate San Felipe 250 - official thread

I was the first to sign up the day they opened registration. Then, on our way home from KOH, Jessica called and said that Unlimited UTV was Sportsman only. F that, so I withdrew. (Rhino with Rotax and Bypasses) Good luck to all the UTV's!! Rob
  30. Y

Yup. Gonna be a great time, and we are 99% gonna race it anyway, just offering a seat in the car to reduce our expenses. Rob
  31. Y

DEAL IS CLOSED!! Got a guy flying out from NY to race with us!! Thanks for all the interest!!! Rob
  32. Y

Parker 250 Pro starting order

No BITD for us this year. Focusing on KOH and SCORE with lots of mods. Good luck to all! Rob 1999
  33. Y

SCORE Pro UTV class rules discussion

Looks like HDRA has a Unlimited Pro UTV class....plus, I get to keep my 1999 number!!
  34. Y

Yamaha wtb +6 rhino 660 rear axles

I have a complete set of Summer Brothers axles (rear 300m) They are for Gorilla CV's. Maybe able to add CV's is you want. PM if interested. Rob
  35. Y

We will be there for sure. Rob
  36. Y

It was an Alba built 686.
  37. Y

Lastly, Pro is short for Production? Are they going to even care about the engines? Pretty sure there has not been a "660cc" UTV racing in SCORE since 2007!!!
  38. Y

I have only raced sportsman at BITD, so noone ever asked what engine I was running.....is a rotax powered Rhino illegal in BITD's pro class? I remember when Brian Bush was selling his, he said it wasn't legal in BITD, but I figured it was because if the cage design. Rob
  39. Y

So stock means stock, right? No big bore kits? No cams, no head work? Basically intake and exhaust mods? Not that I care, as I know I am out, but is the engine must be "stock" even more people are out. I may be racing against more UTV's in Sportsman than in the Pro class!! Rob
  40. Y

Yeah, I know....and I am still going to race Sportsman. I'm just not going to dump $7k into my brand new XP to race SCORE 3 times in a pro class! After next year, I am moving back east and don't need 2 desert race cars! Rob
  41. Y

Kind of sucks. Especially for us non-factory pilots. I was looking forward to racing in a UTV class in SCORE. Funny thing is, even Tom Graves little 686 Rhino is illegal since he has bypass shocks. Sal probably had a lot of OEM influence in the rule making. IMHO, it should be...
  42. Y

Wow, just re-read the rules. Looks like my Rotax rhino with Bypasses will be mixing it up with the DSR1 guys in Sportsman. Oh, well. See you guys at KOH then San Felipe. Rob
  43. Y

"Stock" can be loosely interpreted! My engine came stock.... Just not in my rhino!!!
  44. Y

2013 King of the Hammers UTV Race Info

I hope all you guys run BFG's!! :D I will be running the usual 26" Maxxis Bighorns. Rob
  45. Y

Baja Vs Polaris

Actually, we are racing all SCORE races next year......in my Rhino!! Its not fast, but I know that pile inside and out and have more faith in it than the RZR. Plus, its impossible to overdrive a Rhino with aftermarket suspension....and I am a $hitty driver!!:D Not to mention, I will be...
  46. Y

Make sure you guys all run LT tires!! Should be a good time. 115 miles of that craziness will be fun! Rob
  47. Y

Pro Class in Baja...help!

So, will we see you at at the 250 next year?? :D
  48. Y

Baja Vs Polaris

I am not an XP hater, hell I have one! All I am saying, is that for some reason they dont do well during races over 500 miles. I race BITD (sportsman), and I know how well the XP's do (of course, there are so many of them, statistically, they will place higher). Rob
  49. Y

1999 in!! This will be my 5th KOH (2nd in UTV) We won the 700 class this year by finishing! Had big issues at the start of the race, but had clean air all day!! See you guys there! Rob

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
felipebenjamin000