Search results

1. T

All UTV's Gearing R1 rhino for sand dunes?

Jim, Did you have any trouble at all with take offs while running STU's? Im changing my gearing to 12/64 which will put me at a 5.33 gear ratio. Im hoping with that gearing and STU's i wont have trouble getting going.
  2. T

Im still learning about tires but a 30 inch seems big for the R1.
  3. T

Jim, How many paddles were you running on the STUs? 16? Im gonna order a set of STUs and try them out.
  4. T

Fabrication shops in Nor Cal?

Thanks for the input. I talked to Dave from Factory UTV and left Brian Tilton a message. Any other suggestions in case one of these guys cant fit me in?
  5. T

Fabrication shops in Nor Cal?

Anyone know of a good fab shop in Northern Cal? I would like to get my R1 rhino setup for short course and maybe do some Lucas races. I need some cage, suspension and sheet metal work. I know of few guys but they are currently tied up with other projects. I live near Sacramento so the closer to...
  6. T

That all makes since. My 25 inch 8 paddle Haulers were just digging. Just ordered a set of Ceros, gonna give those a try. Thanks for the info Corey!
  7. T

What psi do you run with the Ceros? I have a set of 25 Big Horns, how do you think those will perform in sand?
  8. T

Any suggestions on whether to run paddles or not? I was using a set of 25x10x12 8 paddle Skat Track Haulers and I was having a hard time getting going in alot of areas. I was thinking of trying a 26in 10 paddle or just using a set of Ceros aired down like the Wellers. What do you think?
  9. T

Thanks Corey, I'm gonna order a 60 tooth rear and give that a try.
  10. T

Need some advise on gearing my R1 for the dunes. Im currently running a 12-52. I have plenty of top end power but not much on the bottom. Any suggestions on what gearing i should be running to improve my low end power? Im at pismo this weekend and getting launched by my buddies stock Maverick :(
  11. T

SxS's at MMX sand track in Marysville CA Sat 8-24

I think it depends on what kind of turnout they get.
  12. T

No racing, the track is just open for UTV's to run on this weekend.
  13. T

This sat MMX motocross park in Marysville CA is allowing SxS's on their sand track. I believe the hours are from 9am to 2pm. Below is a link to the MMX website and some pics of their sand track. If they get a good turnout of SxS's than expect more track days to come. I'm gonna try and take my...
  14. T

All UTV's SR1 radiator problems

Thanks guys for the responses. I believe i fixed the problem. Their was air in the lines that needed to be bled out. Seems to be holding temp now and running good.
  15. T

Thanks for the response. Yeah i think that i need to try and bleed the air out. Gonna try that tomorrow.
  16. T

So I recently purchased a used CBR radiator and just finished installing into my SR1 with an 06 engine. My problem is that its not getting any coolant flowing back to the engine. I'm getting coolant to the thermostat but not to the engine. The radiator doesnt seem to be plugged so i'm not sure...
  17. T

All UTV's R1 fuel flow setup? Need help

Yes, on the 06 their is a fuel return on the rail. I stand to correct myself on my previous post. I spoke with a Yamaha mechanic today and he said the fuel return hose connects to the stock R1 pressure regulator. So the way i thought the fuel lines connected to the rail is not right and my bro...
  18. T

Well my brother had my fuel lines mixed up. It appears he has the fuel going into the wrong end of the fuel rail. He had fuel from my reg and filter going into the return line side of the fuel rail and out the stock fuel reg on the rail and back into the tank. It ran fine for an hour of testing...
  19. T

Can someone tell me if this is the right fuel flow setup for my SR1. Gas Tank - Fuel pump - Fuel Pressure Regulator - Inline filter - Fuel distributor in (stock fuel pressure reg) - Fuel distributor out - back to tank This is the stock 06 R1 fuel pressure reg correct? Also should I run a...
  20. T

All UTV's Oil cooler with R1?

Thanks for the input guys. Looks like im sticking with the stock cooler.
  21. T

All UTV's Oil cooler with R1?

I recently finished my R1 swap and hope to start racing it soon. Just wondering if its a good idea to run an oil cooler with the R1's?
  22. T

vorra short course april 16,17(calling all nor-cal utv's)

Well I know 2 R1's in Nor Cal that plan on racing if theres a class. Anyone else?
  23. T

vorra short course april 16,17(calling all nor-cal utv's)

Wish they had a class for R1's. I'd be there.
  24. T

Yamaha R1 Rhino build up

Here's a pic I took of his build yesterday...Looking good. He's also doing my R1 swap. Two R1 builds at the same time, The guys an animal!
  25. T

VORRA race March 12-13 Prairie City, CA

Cool, I think Vorra requires 5 to make a class but i'm not sure.
  26. T

VORRA race March 12-13 Prairie City, CA

I planned on racing this series but I have an R1 in my rhino and I would have to race sportsman. Don't really want to race and get hit by vehicles 3 to 4 times my weight.:eek: Wish they'd let me run in the UTV1000 class. My brother and I both have R1's so there'd be 2 of us. Maybe we can get a...
  27. T

Yamaha Need advise on pricing an engine?

I just picked up a race ready rhino with the intentions of doing an R1 swap right away. This is my first UTV and dont know much about them. I would like to sell the stock engine that came with it inorder to help pay for my swap. Looking for some suggestions on what a fair price is. Here is a...
  28. T

short video of my first worcs race

I just picked up a race prepped Rhino and was considering doing the Primm race. How's the Primm course for somebodys first race in a Rhino?
  29. T

Yamaha Help with Gorilla axles?

Is there a fix? or should I scrap the Gorillas for something else. I'm eventually going to do an R1 swap but don't want to deal with this popping out issue in the meantime.
  30. T

Not sure, but here is the Rhino I just bought. I found the ad on this forum. 2007 Yamaha Rhino Sport Edition. Full powder coated Chromoly Chassis complete with Aluminum Panels and Roof, along with Yamaha Silver body panels. HCR Front Spindles. Spare Tire mount with Beard 3 point strap...
  31. T

Yes, I do have limiter straps.
  32. T

I just purchased a 2007 rhino that has a 6.5 long travel setup and Gorilla Axles on the rear. After about 10 mins of driving the rear passenger side axle popped out. Is this a common problem? If so how do I prevent this in the future?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
felipebenjamin000