This one is for Warlock, another paddle tire thread

warlock

Wanna Go Fast? - UTVUnderground Approved
Jan 23, 2009
az
Weight always matters and the Skats are the Best. Skat-Trak has been making Sand Tires work since 1967. lol
The Yamaha guys just love the Skats as it is really noticeable on that car.

Reactions: Seaver

warlock

Jan 23, 2009
az
Yes. Agreed Warlock.. with the way the motor needs to rev to make power the Skats work great.
Yep. They all need light and efficient tires to really perform at there peak.

Sent from my SM-N930T using Tapatalk

redvettec6

Jul 16, 2017
Need some help picked up a set of skat trak extreme paddles 30x13x14 10 cup they are almost 31" tall need a set of fronts to match any ideas who I can contact for them??

warlock

Jan 23, 2009
az
Best place to get the same roll out, or actually a little more, is Extreme in the Phoenix area. Definitely stay away from Rocky Mountain.
Tim at Xtreme Tire has a bunch of fronts coming in at over 96" to 100" plus Roll out. And his tires get the extra Buffing time so they are the lightest you will find.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Rynomx785

Jun 21, 2015
Wickenburg, AZ
I noticed in some of the Camp RZR pics on FB that he had buffed Mongrels on the front and not the full buffs that he had when he started this thread.

I was wondering if the 32s rubbed too bad?

JoeyD23

#utvunderground
Jan 9, 2009
North County San Diego
www.utvunderground.com
I noticed in some of the Camp RZR pics on FB that he had buffed Mongrels on the front and not the full buffs that he had when he started this thread.

I was wondering if the 32s rubbed too bad?
No they didn't rub bad at all, they only touched at full bump when the wheels were at full lock. I actually just moved those to another vehicle with LT (Cinderella). The Mongrels I had buffed are also 32 but because they are more narrow they didn't touch fender at all.

I loved the skats I have on every machine. I am a fan and a believer. I plan to do a full report with what each set up is but I can tell you I think the best performing are the Sandcraft RCR proprietary Skat's I have on the Dynamix. Look good, work good and are light!! But the fronts I had made out of the Mongrels for the Fatrod look the best and definitely corner the best. The Fatrod still needs more rear paddle but the size and shape of those rears looked the best out of all of them. Putting the other 32s didn't look right. All of these paddles I have are 32s.

Cinderella Paddles.jpg Fatrod Paddles.jpg Dynamix Paddles.jpg

sand shark

Mar 30, 2009
West Hills, CA
No they didn't rub bad at all, they only touched at full bump when the wheels were at full lock. I actually just moved those to another vehicle with LT (Cinderella). The Mongrels I had buffed are also 32 but because they are more narrow they didn't touch fender at all.

I loved the skats I have on every machine. I am a fan and a believer. I plan to do a full report with what each set up is but I can tell you I think the best performing are the Sandcraft RCR proprietary Skat's I have on the Dynamix. Look good, work good and are light!! But the fronts I had made out of the Mongrels for the Fatrod look the best and definitely corner the best. The Fatrod still needs more rear paddle but the size and shape of those rears looked the best out of all of them. Putting the other 32s didn't look right. All of these paddles I have are 32s.

View attachment 14540 View attachment 14541 View attachment 14542
What is Sandcraft doing that is different than the others?

warlock

Jan 23, 2009
az
What is Sandcraft doing that is different than the others?
Nothing, sandcraft has Titan put there name on a implement tire for farm equipment. The tires actually stiff and heavy. I also don't think they have that much Roll out so they are a short tire. If you have a X3 RS you need a 100" Roll out roughly so the suspension works and your not stuffing the nose in the sand. I Duned for a 1/2 day on my 30" Bighorns aired down to 10 psi and yeah they work OK but if your group of cars all have the Xtreme Skats they roll through the drop offs and G outs with out hitting the belly pan or stuffing the nose. I would have to check up on a lot of stuff so I didn't stuff it every time and then I would have to Keep it pinned till the last second to try and catch back up and grab the brakes again and again and again and that gets old. So if I drove at a speed that was comfortable for the 30" bighorns they would just keep pulling away and before ya know it there a few blocks ahead and in the Dunes you can lose them if ya can't see which way they went. A few of my friends just bought some new Max X3 cars and since Xtreme is back ordered on the 32s they are calling me and begging me to help them out on getting Skats from Tim before Thanksgiving cause they know how big of a deal it is to have that bigger tire.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
felipebenjamin000