Anyone into guns??

Rynomx785

Jun 21, 2015
Wickenburg, AZ
How much litigation does this group do? The NRA spends millions each year on litigation in the courts. Does this group do the same?
I'm not sure how they stack up against the NRA in that regard to be honest. I'm sure that you could google any gun organization and find negative things about them.

jajl22

Jun 5, 2015
Sounds like i will have to look into the NAGR...i like what i have found so far...any other groups you all support to check out?

I don't have anything against the work the NRA does...i think they are a great organization for our national gun rights and have been active in keeping our freedoms...i like what they do in the media...and typically how they represent themselves.. I just did not like their style of fundraising and chose to no longer support them with my money...

Darryl89

Killer Kitty - UTVUnderground Approved
Oct 8, 2009
Farmington, NM
Joey, you might get a hold of Taran Tactical and see what they suggest for the M&P 15. Me personally, I would probably leave it alone and upgrade a little better rifle. Sorry, had to say that. My favorite is the SIG MCX.

There were a couple of versions of rifling on the M&P, 1 in 8 and 1 in 9. The 1 in 8 is a bit better, but for tactical playing, probably not much difference. Most of the Sports have 1 in 9. Newer ones have 1 in 7 twist.

Also, there were California Compliant and non-compliant versions if I recall correctly. The California one has the infamous "Bullet Button". If it's an older unit, it may not have that.

As for tactical mods, think of things that will make it easier to get on target and feel more like a natural extension of your body. Forward grips are nice, but now illegal in California. Retractable butt-stock is a good way to tailor the stock length better to suit you (also illegal in California now).

The purpose of rails, whether they be single, triple or quad, is so you can attach enough goodies to the rifle (so you look really impressive to the other shooters). Foreward grip is one main purpose for the rail. The only other thing I would mount on the rail, is a flashlight, mainly to free up your hands (to stay in ready position on the rifle) when you need a flashlight.

Myself, I prefer to have EOTech sights, with backup angle/flip-up iron sights. The EOTech Hybrid Holographic are tops, but very pricey. Go to a local shop and try out a few red-dot style sights, and see what works with your visual sighting, in your price range. The cheaper sights, are usually just that, cheaper in all ways. The Aimpoint Micro T-1 is another favorite, and a hell of a lot cheaper than the EOTech Hybrid. Angle or flip-up iron sights are not really a necessity for modern optics (most modern optics are reliable as ever), but might be a consideration for your own desire. I prefer to have them. I run flip-up iron sights on all my rifles. Just in case that electronic optical decides to shut off for some known reason (Murphy's Law is alive and in full force in most tactical situations).

For slings, I prefer just a single line safety cord. Besides carrying the rifle all day in a ready carry, a sling has little purpose (although some shooter training likes to use the sling in a brace position, I would prefer to not have to rely on a sling for proper shooting position). The main purpose of a single line cord, is to keep the rifle close to you should you fall or for some reason, lose grip of the rifle, with the cord, you can retrieve it faster.

Also, check out training from Taran Butler (Taran Tactical). It's pretty awesome, and teaches more than just shooting a rifle.

I hope all is good with you and family, hope I said something that helps with your rifle.

Last edited:

Darryl89

Killer Kitty - UTVUnderground Approved
Oct 8, 2009
Farmington, NM
Links to some of the goodies...
Flip up sights
https://www.amazon.com/Midwest-Industries-Rear-Flip-Up-Sights/dp/B00109IAX4
https://www.amazon.com/Midwest-Indu...coding=UTF8&psc=1&refRID=FD7RP45AM5GAE1M3T9VD

Red-dot sights
https://www.amazon.com/Aimpoint-Micro-T-1-Mount-Spacer/dp/B00IIVKB0W/ref=sr_1_3?s=sporting-goods&ie=UTF8&qid=1483997223&sr=1-3&keywords=aimpoint micro t-1

I'm not sure if the stock on yours is pinned, to make it California compliant, but, if you want to go with an adjustable stock, most mil-spec units are good. Stock buffer tubes usually will work, but some rifles, you may need to change them out.

Front lights can be setup in many ways, I like having a switch to turn it on or off without having to move my hand to the light itself. Here is one type of option.
http://www.midwayusa.com/product/93...with-1-aa-and-1-cr123a-battery-aluminum-black

Last edited:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
felipebenjamin000