2014 maverick XRS performance mods

M0FMav223

Oct 16, 2015
Hey everyone. I'm looking to do some performance work to maverick and I'm wondering what all can be done to increase my HP without bumping me into the unlimited class (no turbos or big bore)

I've finally got machine jumping and handling very well, now I just need a bit more power to get going.

Here's what I have done power wise
-Airaid cold air intake
-Two Brothers slip on
-gutted cat
-stg 4 evo flash
-dalton clutch kit
-swapped in XMR transmission

Other mods are
-fox podium 2.5 shocks revalved and dual rate w/cross overs
- 8 point roll cage by Concept Distributing
- 28x10r14 STI Chicanes
-PRPGTSE seats and pro armor harnesses.

Where I'm thinking of going is, first and foremost, new clutches. I've heard good things about the new gates clutch so I'm thinking that with an STM secondary is the way to go.
Where I'm stuck is at the engine it's self. I've read up on a lot of stuff but I can't find any hard information.

-the stock exhaust is very efficient but can be improved on by replacing the resonator with something lighter yet still provides sufficient back pressure? True/false/with what?
-a gutted cat helps the flow but it looks like there are still too many imperfections in the piping, a custom delete be better?
-intake runners can be replaced with shorter ones and removing something inside the plenum can improve efficiency?
-on top of the right intake and exhaust mods, can there be much gain in higher compression pistons, head work and a larger throttle body?

Thanks in advance

Sent from my SM-G900W8 using Tapatalk

Reactions: Maniacdriver

M0FMav223

Oct 16, 2015
Yeah I've read a lot of his posts on various forums and Facebook, which is where I get a lot of my theories and ideas from. I try to do as much homework as possible before I start asking questions, I'm just trying to get some ideas and opinions from the guys that race

M0FMav223

Oct 16, 2015
Well, I'd beg to differ on what Greg would have to say. Probably the worst person to talk too. His attitude was basically "I don't care about NA mavericks and won't work on them"

So yeah...

mearsman

Nov 2, 2011
First off, go with the xds turbo primary and secondary clutch. Way better than stm for what you need. And as far as the N/A motor, the best thing and about the only thing you can do to it is the 1104 big bore kit

M0FMav223

Oct 16, 2015
The problem with a big bore is it'll put me into the unlimited class

M0FMav223

Oct 16, 2015
And I don't think the turbo clutches, or at least the primary would be aggressive enough. My machine is built for short course racing with a bit of rally cross and ice racing here and there. I don't think the turbo clutch will put the power to the ground quite as good as the gates clutch will

shane88

Nov 5, 2014
Unfortunately you have gotten all the power a NA Mav will give you without adding a power adder or big bore. I've tried and tested just about every set up out there.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
felipebenjamin000