Baja fun...

BajaBoundMoto

Jul 14, 2015
Escondido CA
www.BajaBoundMoto.com
Just sharing some pics of what we've been doing in Baja with our '16 RZR.
I'm not new to Baja, been riding there for 42 years and log more dirt miles than possibly anyone (guiding in Baja is what I do for a living). But the SXS thing is new to us, and diggin' it!

Baja Sur is beautiful...

We took the RZR from Tecate to Cabo, about 1300 miles, not a single issue.

Ojos area

Above La Paz

San Borja

Almost 3000 miles on it, not a single issue. Pretty stoked!
We're off again the week after the Baja 500 with a small group of RZRs, should be fun!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BajaBoundMoto

Jul 14, 2015
Escondido CA
www.BajaBoundMoto.com
Yes it's for towing a bike. Available from Dirt Tech (www.Dirt-Tech.com). It's for emergency extraction really. Haven't used it for real (and hope not to) but we've tested it in rough terrain and it works rad. Only weighs like 5lbs, works in any standard receiver.
IMO an item that people should have on hand anywhere... The desert, Baja, even the moto-track.

NIKAL

May 13, 2012
Love Baja and I too have done a few trips using the UTV. Always used buggy's in the past, but after using the UTV we found them more then capable of running Baja. Biggest issue we had was fuel range. Because of this we built a back seat rack and carried an extra 10 gal. Not ideal as I'm not a fan of carrying gas cans, but the setup we built has worked great with no leak or spill issues.

BajaBoundMoto, what did you do for fuel? When you to your play trips or tours, do you have Hwy chase support that can carry extra fuel? Or do you run unassisted like we do and just plan & calculate your mileage and fuel stops?

Here was my last Baja trip with the UTV.
http://www.utvunderground.com/baja-new-trails-traveled-32195.html

Reactions: BajaBoundMoto

jajl22

Jun 5, 2015
Great pics.

That rack is a must have for Glamis now, i have never seen that before...definitely going to get one to keep in the trailer as a just in case...we ride with a lot of motos at the dunes.

BajaBoundMoto

Jul 14, 2015
Escondido CA
www.BajaBoundMoto.com
@NIKAL , So far with the rzr we've only done supported, like with our typical moto trips. So yes trucks meet at certain locations and haul luggage etc. Baja routes and places to get fuel (not necessarily at a Pemex) I know well so there aren't many areas that are difficult to make with OEM tank, but I do have a method to safely (imo) carry 2.5 or 5g.
I did read your trip stories Nikal, very cool. Car set-up I'm still learning and took some good pointers from your experience.

Just got home from Baja last night, outta here next Sunday (2 wheels only) to be ready for the 500, then we're off again June 11-13 for a Tecate to Tecate 3-day loop (2 different night stops) with only UTVs. The group (so far) looks like 5 RZRs and 2 Yamahas.
June 24/25 I'm guiding a couple well known names around as they shake down a new RZR being built right now (end result is being on the Baja 1000 start line, i think).
We're considering a UTV-only trip over July 15-18 too, open to all.

Cisco Kid

Puro Corazon - UTVUnderground La Famila
Apr 17, 2009
@NIKAL , So far with the rzr we've only done supported, like with our typical moto trips. So yes trucks meet at certain locations and haul luggage etc. Baja routes and places to get fuel (not necessarily at a Pemex) I know well so there aren't many areas that are difficult to make with OEM tank, but I do have a method to safely (imo) carry 2.5 or 5g.
I did read your trip stories Nikal, very cool. Car set-up I'm still learning and took some good pointers from your experience.

Just got home from Baja last night, outta here next Sunday (2 wheels only) to be ready for the 500, then we're off again June 11-13 for a Tecate to Tecate 3-day loop (2 different night stops) with only UTVs. The group (so far) looks like 5 RZRs and 2 Yamahas.
June 24/25 I'm guiding a couple well known names around as they shake down a new RZR being built right now (end result is being on the Baja 1000 start line, i think).
We're considering a UTV-only trip over July 15-18 too, open to all.
Put me on the list ;-)

Sep 16, 2011
Very Cool!
I've been down there with these guys and let me tell you they are the best most first class operation I've ever experienced! I wouldn't do it with anyone else! Tim, Jennifer, and the gang are AWESOME!

BajaBoundMoto

Jul 14, 2015
Escondido CA
www.BajaBoundMoto.com
"Polaris Nick" Olson

Nick shared the driving with his dad...

NCY Jim Hurkman

Guide (me). Two mechanics driving 2 support trucks with fuel, spare parts, supplies, luggage, coolers, etc and trailer (just in case) meeting at different spots and each night. Hotels each night (2 nights out this recent trip). Breakfast/lunch/dinner each day. All fuel. Logistics etc...
This trip was 3 drive days and we logged just under 500 miles.
This trip everybody brought their own cars. We're working on having RZRs available for people that want to fly in.
Show up and follow me... No need to worry about gas, directions, routes, rooms, or whatever. I've been doing this in Baja full time for more than 20+ years, riding and racing Baja for 40+ years, and I can't even spell GSP, it's all in my head, and it's why we have so much repeat business (no, not because of my charming personality ;-)
This trip we did a huge variety of terrain and from crawling over boulders to wide open flats to tight trails with brush scraping both sides.
This trip was $500 per person.
Like I said earlier, we're new to the UTV thing so we're still figuring it all out. This trip we did some pretty good thrashing, some gnarly stuff (there's a lot of my skid plate marking rocks down there now), and I'm amazed what the cars can handle.
A few from this group are already gathering friends to build more drive dates with us and 1 request was slightly less hard-core and a little more time to relax and drink beer at the end of each day ;-)

@JoeyD23 , I sent you a message a few weeks ago

Last edited:
Reactions: Never happy

BajaBoundMoto

Jul 14, 2015
Escondido CA
www.BajaBoundMoto.com
The next one is possibly July 15-18 (3 nights) but we might shave a day off that., pending interest.
I've been real busy lately with trips and the Baja 500 so I've been neglecting office work (selling trips).
But really, if anyone has a date in mind we'll see what we can do about making it happen. We need at least a few cars to make it happen.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
felipebenjamin000