Polaris 900 XP RX-1 set up for Glamis?

Nitro Dawg 22

Feb 8, 2016
Taking my 2011 RZR 900 xp with RX-1 turbo conversion to Glamis at the end of March. My normal environment is NC and VA woods and mountains. Do I pull out my front diff, axels and shaft Run 2wd? What paddles should I run? I would like longer trailing arms, who makes em? I have King 2.5 shocks, Gorilla rear axels.

jajl22

Jun 5, 2015
Not sure what an RX-1 conversion is but for a stock xp900 or xp1k people drive in high gear and 2 or 4 wheel drive. 2wd you can drift and pitch it in the corners a bit more, 4wd gives you a feeling of a bit more control.

There are a lot of companies that make long travel kits, just a few i can think of the top of my head are cognito motorsports, lone star racing, HCR, Upfront motorsports.

Nitro Dawg 22

Feb 8, 2016
Thank you for the reply, a RX-1 is a four cylinder Yamaha snow mobile engine. Stock comes with 140-150 hp, I run with a turbo and 12 lbs of boost. That puts me around 225-250 hp. I wanted to ensure I had enough tire for the hp. I contacted HCR and Lonestar today, their kits only offer wider not much longer on the back trailing arm. +1. I really don't want to spend the money to get wider, does me no good in the tight mountain trails in NC and Virgina. I just figured longer would help in the washboards.

jajl22

Jun 5, 2015
Hmm, that conversion sounds pretty cool.

Longer wheelbase does seem to help, that is why the desert guys run the 4 seat frame, for the wheel base and for the extra room to fit things like fuel cell and such.

Sorry i misunderstood what exactly you wanted with suspension, i don't know of any companies that make longer but not wider.

///Airdam Clutches

Nov 14, 2014
Sending your shocks to a company that specializes in desert setups would fix all your worries. The suspension on the xp900 is actually pretty good. With the suspension working properly with the correct shock calibrations you will be happy with what the 900xp is capable of.

George at double E racing specializes in cross country racing and is now working with many desert race teams as well. He did a customer/friend of mines personal cross country race xp900 and it's absolutely amazing. It will blow your mind how amazing those things run with good shocks

Nitro Dawg 22

Feb 8, 2016
That is very helpful, I have King 2.5's but they have been bastardly to set up. Didn't help that I had to move my lower shock mounts back to clear the engine. How about paddle tires? I am clutched with insane bottom end power, I think I could use a taller tire to get more on the top end, how tall is too tall? I know some guys at glamis are running some 400-600 hp utv's.

tatum

Hans Solo - 2009 UTV Baja 500 & 1000 Winner - UTVU
Feb 10, 2009
arizona
That is very helpful, I have King 2.5's but they have been bastardly to set up. Didn't help that I had to move my lower shock mounts back to clear the engine. How about paddle tires? I am clutched with insane bottom end power, I think I could use a taller tire to get more on the top end, how tall is too tall? I know some guys at glamis are running some 400-600 hp utv's.
If you moved your lower shock mounts back without a longer travel shock you decreased your suspension travel by changing the geometry. Also if you bought the King shocks specific for this application then there setup would no longer be correct.

Nitro Dawg 22

Feb 8, 2016
There was an issue when I received the shocks from king from the beginning. I put them on and it jacked the back of my RZR up about 8 in. After moving the shocks back and moving the collars out I am close to original ride height. Rebound could definitely use some work. I don't know what the hell they sold me.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
felipebenjamin000