Lucas Oil Regional UTV Short Course Hangout Thread

UTVUGJake

Feb 11, 2013

What's up guys, we had an XP900 class hang out thread in the past so i figured i'd start one for the new year and all the classes! I will be at most of the So Cal rounds and many of the AZ rounds this year, with a little luck maybe even have a car to run here in a couple months.

Who's racing? Who's already out at Glen Helen for Rd. 1? Who's got crazy last minute prep stories? Who wants to show off this year's new ride? Post em up!

Who are the championship contenders this year? the dark horses?

I'm heading out to Glen Helen This weekend to cover Rd. 1 of racing, make sure to say hi!

Here's the schedule of events for Rd. 1:

February 14th Schedule of Events
Friday: Gate open 10 am – 9 pm
Tech/Registration open 10 am – 5:30 pm
Open practice 12 pm – 5:15 pm ($50 to participate)
2014 Championship Awards 6:30 pm

Saturday
6:30 AM
Gates Open
7:00 AM
Tech/Registration Open
7:15 AM
Track Crew Safety Briefing
7:45 AM
Media Safety Briefing
8:00 AM
MANDATORY Driver’s Meeting
8:45 AM-11:45
Qualifying (6 laps)
11:45-12:15
Track Prep/Crew Lunch
12:15-5:30 PM
Main Events
Running Order for all sessions is as follows (subject to change based upon number of entries per class):

1. J2 Kart
2. AM Ortega J1 Kart
3. Unlimited UTV
4. Mini Open**/ Open V8**/Full Stock**/Desert Buggies**
5. Mickey Thompson Mini Stock**
6. Titan Electric Modified Kart
7. Walker Evans Racing RZR
8. Production 1000**
9. McKenzie’s Limited Buggy**/1600 Buggy**
10. Weller Racing Sr1**
11. Pro Buggy
12. Currie Enterprises Pro Open**/Thyssen Krupp Pro Lite**
** indicates class will be scored separately**

UTVUGJake

Feb 11, 2013
I'll start us off with a couple of the new XP1000 Builds I've seen coming together so far.

George Hammel's Supercuts ride is looking badass with the new wrap! Glad to see him back out there, he and his family are class acts.

My buddy Mike Lewis has a brand new car ready to rock, hitting a track for the first time today, I'll be spotting for him this weekend so don't be surprised to see him on the top of the box :)

Dmayhew26

Feb 6, 2014
Awesome pics and nice meeting you this weekend. It's gonna be a fun year with everyone. Badass to see over 30 production cars doing battle! Congrats to the top 3 from last weekend.

UTVUGJake

Feb 11, 2013
Awesome pics and nice meeting you this weekend. It's gonna be a fun year with everyone. Badass to see over 30 production cars doing battle! Congrats to the top 3 from last weekend.
Great to meet you this weekend! I agree this is going to be an awesome year for short-course UTV racing. Hope to see you in Laughlin!

UTVUGJake

Feb 11, 2013
Where's all the short course racers at? Who am I going to see this weekend?

Got some Rd. 2 + 3 info from Lucas:

Hope you are all ready for 2 exciting rounds of racing this weekend at Lake Elsinore! The schedule is posted here: http://lucasoilregional.com/schedule/

We just wanted to send out a couple of notes as we go into the weekend to help you prepare:

-This is 2 complete rounds of racing in one weekend. All fees will be x2 with the exception of practice and transponder rental. You do have the option to race only one day if you choose to.

-Returning driver registration forms will be posted on the website tomorrow if you want to print and bring them with you to save some time. These forms are only for those of you who raced at the Feb 14 event. Anyone who has not raced with us this year must fill out the new driver paperwork. Everything will be available on site also.

-If you arrive on Friday/Saturday, admission is $20. Sunday only tickets will be $10.

-Each entry will be given 2 pit stickers at check in. After the driver's meeting on Saturday morning, the pit entrance will be closed to any vehicles not having a pit sticker stuck on the windshield. Please plan to park all spectator/personal/non-essential vehicles in the spectator parking area and walk in/take a UTV or pit bike. Please help us with this by doing the right thing as we are trying to create a safe and comfortable environment for all involved and don't want pit parking to become a big issue.

-Both driver's meetings are mandatory. Roll call may be taken for your class and if you or a representative aren't present, penalties may be assessed. Please allow yourself plenty of time to get in the gate and get registered before the meeting. Late fees will be charged each day after 8 am.

-All items written on tech sheets from the first event need to be corrected. Please be sure numbers are correct in accordance with the rule book as there will be no sticker vendor on site this weekend.

-Spotters are required every time your vehicle is on the track.

-All karts are required to run Sunoco 260 GTX spec fuel.

Questions or suggestions? As always, please don't hesitate to let us know. Looking forward to seeing you all at the track. Gates will open Friday morning at 10.

Perfect Race

Feb 9, 2011
Well lets stir this up. Who's racing? Whats the latest? I know a few from the class went to the desert who is coming back or moving up?
I know of five Yamahas being built for the Production 1000 class! How are they going to do?
We are adding a RZR 170 class starting at the second race here in So Cal and all season in Arizona. We have had lots of interest in this class.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
felipebenjamin000