Converting Google Earth tracks to Lowrance format?

Kevlar

dunechaser1 - UTVUnderground Approved
Mar 8, 2009
Visalia, Ca
www.dunechasers.com
I haven't tested this yet but I have a trip next weekend and was wondering if I've done this correctly. I first saved my google earth tracks, waypoints, etc as a .kml file within google earth. Then, using gpsbabel app I converted the .kml file to a lowrance .usr file. I then copied the .usr file to the microdisk that has the Topo Insight files on it. This disk installs in the lowrance unit. I'm hoping this way the tracks and waypoints will be overlayed on top of the topo maps.

Does this sound right? I dont have the rzr with me until the trip so wont be able to test it until its too late.

And btw, anybody have a Truckhaven tracks they want to share?

Rusty5150

UTVUG PHOTOG
Jan 9, 2009
I use a website called GPS Visualizer to convert files for me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

joncon

May 20, 2013
Las Vegas
That looks right to me. I would call Alon at PCI Race radios though. Great dude and he will make sure you are squared away.

Kevlar

dunechaser1 - UTVUnderground Approved
Mar 8, 2009
Visalia, Ca
www.dunechasers.com
I got a good answer on FB: Once you put the SD card in the GPS you will have to go to the menu and select "waypoints/routes/trails". Once on that screen press menu again and there will be an option to "load files from SD card". Choose the files you want to load and they will load over the topo maps.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
felipebenjamin000