Official UTVUnderground 2015 Baja 1000 Photos / Story / Results

It'sYourLegacy

Banned Por Vida
Mar 29, 2015
He was being sarcastic as only Polaris gives me a dime for coverage.

Clearly you have zero clue what it's like to cover a race in Baja so I'm not even going to bother trying to explain what we do.
You're the one telling us that even you aren't happy with your own photo coverage (and who knows how many other coverage aspects) of this iconic race.

If we can't agree with you or speculate as to whether Polaris agrees with you as well (this isn't the first Baja race of late where you weren't 'directly involved' that has been similarly questioned) why are you (again) making our point?

If I was a sponsor in this class and couldn't even get my car photographed at the starting line..I'd certainly begin to wonder how many other 'accommodations' were being made (pre/post inspections, rule enforcement, etc.) to often 'perfectly photographed' factory team cars seemingly always avoiding the cutting room floor.

I don't blame UTVU for their coverage. I blame Polaris for cementing the notion in many of our minds that they have absolutely no connection whatsoever to the average owner out here (PhotoGate) as we relate to their racing programs (which in turn hurts the 'chosen' aftermarket race teams as well much more than they will ever believe).

We're paying attention and will be (soon) voting with our dollars when it comes to new machines and possibly lesser known companies who are (or soon will be) supporting them.

JoeyD23

#utvunderground
Jan 9, 2009
North County San Diego
www.utvunderground.com
You're the one telling us that even you aren't happy with your own photo coverage (and who knows how many other coverage aspects) of this iconic race.

If we can't agree with you or speculate as to whether Polaris agrees with you as well (this isn't the first Baja race of late where you weren't 'directly involved' that has been similarly questioned) why are you (again) making our point?

If I was a sponsor in this class and couldn't even get my car photographed at the starting line..I'd certainly begin to wonder how many other 'accommodations' were being made (pre/post inspections, rule enforcement, etc.) to often 'perfectly photographed' factory team cars seemingly always avoiding the cutting room floor.

I don't blame UTVU for their coverage. I blame Polaris for cementing the notion in many of our minds that they have absolutely no connection whatsoever to the average owner out here (PhotoGate) as we relate to their racing programs (which in turn hurts the 'chosen' aftermarket race teams as well much more than they will ever believe).

We're paying attention and will be (soon) voting with our dollars when it comes to new machines and possibly lesser known companies who are (or soon will be) supporting them.
You love to hear yourself lol

What I meant is I loved the quality of images but of course I would love to have more of them. But you can't always get what you want especially in a race like Baja.

Reactions: Rynomx785

BiggJim

I Hate Rules - UTVUnderground Approved
Jan 15, 2009
Bakersfield

If you were a "sponsor" for someone in this class you would put obtaining photos on your sponsored guy...not the general media. We are offered photographs we can purchase at every race in contingency, we will pay photogs for photo's, we will pay for video content as well. Sometimes we will release those photos and video on the forums for guys like you to enjoy....sometimes we only give those print to our sponsors. I think this has already been mentioned...but if your so hungry for content that you are willing to come to a forum and slam the guys giving the content away for free....then you are hungry enough for content to get involved. Instead of sitting on your cozy couch in your secured home....get it you car and drive on down to baja and live the experience.

Also, in todays age you cant ONLY look at whats here. On Instagrm Polaris posted several pictures of the 1st, 2nd, and 3rd place teams. Rest assured Can am would do the same if they were in one or all of those finishing spots.

Last edited:

jajl22

Jun 5, 2015
I think the UTVUG team does a great job and as was pointed out the information is provided for free to us on this forum, can't beat that. It is a heck of a lot better then reading the old "on dirt" magazine and seeing if they even remembered to write your name if you were lucky enough to get a pic.

I also love the videos the UTVUG usually release, their race footage is the best other then racers posting up their own go pro footage action.

As stated earlier there was also a lot of coverage posted on facebook and instagram by fans and other sponsors, i don't have a facebook but i did get an instagram recently and part of signing up for that was so i could follow race teams and coverage, as well as glamis pics, sandcars, and other riding areas and spots. Polaris posts pics on their all the time, some is even UTVUG coverage. Johnny, Cognito, Jagged X, Alba Motors and many others all post on instagram during the races, before and after, showing prep, cars torn down, damage, new products, plugs for sponsors all that type of stuff it really is neat to see if your a fan i recommend it.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
felipebenjamin000