Votes: 9 81.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

BrArmor

Scranton Boys Racing OG
Oct 5, 2011
Lake Elsinore, Ca
www.imgms.com
We want to ask the consumers what kind of styling cage do you prefer? The ones that wrap around the rear of the vehicle and act as an integrated rear bumper? Or the ones that are shorty and dip into the rear bungs and into the bed? Why do you like that style? Who is your favorite style now?

Glamisfan

Oct 26, 2009
imperial valley
Whenever I look at cages, I don't like the ones that don't have the rear kickers going into the bed like the stock cage. Those are needed to help strengthen the frame. If you skip them and go all the way back to a built-in bumper, you're going to get more flex in the frame and it could more easily bend in an extreme jump. IMHO

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Rynomx785

Jun 21, 2015
Wickenburg, AZ
Seems like most of the cages with rear bumpers have cross bracing between the C pillars to help with that. I have seen some that don't though.

BrArmor

Scranton Boys Racing OG
Oct 5, 2011
Lake Elsinore, Ca
www.imgms.com
Yeah I agree, the rear cage bungs in the bed are a MUST when building the car. I have done a lot of testing on cages with and without, and I wouldn't want to be in a car without one. There is just too much flex in the rear without the bungs picked up.

I also think too much radius kills these cars, especially when they're built with so many angle and sharp points.

I also wanted to ask, please don't take this the wrong way but when it comes to mild radius cages or flat top cages, do older dudes like the flat and the younger like the radius style? Or not really? I am just getting input from our customer base and see what people actually think. Help us build you products you like!

Thanks everyone! Keep up the constructive advice, we love it over here at IMG Motorsports Inc.

EVE_Designs

May 3, 2010
Yeah I agree, the rear cage bungs in the bed are a MUST when building the car. I have done a lot of testing on cages with and without, and I wouldn't want to be in a car without one. There is just too much flex in the rear without the bungs picked up.

I also think too much radius kills these cars, especially when they're built with so many angle and sharp points.

I also wanted to ask, please don't take this the wrong way but when it comes to mild radius cages or flat top cages, do older dudes like the flat and the younger like the radius style? Or not really? I am just getting input from our customer base and see what people actually think. Help us build you products you like!

Thanks everyone! Keep up the constructive advice, we love it over here at IMG Motorsports Inc.

I'm 24. I can't stand the radius cages. I like the race style cages and high doors the most.

Glamisfan

Oct 26, 2009
imperial valley
I'm almost 50, and it did take a little while for the radius cages to grow on me, but I like them more than the flat top style. The flattop looks so 2007 rhino to me! Also, I sat in a razor a week ago that has I think the pro armor radius cage, and I noticed that the radius give you about an inch and a half more headroom then a flattop would have. While still looking lower.

I do not like the cages that have one big single radius over the top and then going over the bed all the way to the back bumper.

Sandman365

Booze Cruzin'
May 24, 2013
Escondido
When radius cages first started coming around, they got a little out of hand going big, and then over time flattened back out more. I like the nearly unnoticeable radius cage with straight bars down in back from B pillar. Agree with Glamisfan that the continual rainbow radius all the way to the back looks lame.

Reactions: Simi Dude

M0FMav223

Oct 16, 2015
I prefer the look of a sleak low cut radius cage personally. I have a maverick and virtually all the flat top cages I see are too boxy, especially the ones that stay the same width of the rest of the machine

Rynomx785

Jun 21, 2015
Wickenburg, AZ
Cagewrx has too much of a radius for me. I like Radius cages but the A and B pillars need to be the close to the same same height and taper down to the C pillar. The Cagewrx cage reminds of a VW Bug. lol

I think that TMW probably has cleanest most functional radius cages on the market.

Last edited:
Reactions: facteryfmf

M0FMav223

Oct 16, 2015
I'm kind of annoyed with the entire industry that builds and provides aftermarket goodies in the UTV world as a whole. They cater to the RZR crowd and don't seem to give much of a shit that there are people with other brands out there, and the companies that do have a very limited selection of Can Am or any other brand that isn't RZR, with the exception of CT Raceworx. Even a local guy here wants to build more Can Am stuff and asks what I'd want but when I list off the stuff he should be making he couldn't be bothered to listen.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
felipebenjamin000