WOLFPACK RACING NEWS LUCAS RND 6

JoeyD23

#utvunderground
Jan 9, 2009
North County San Diego
www.utvunderground.com

WOLFPACK RACING NEWS LUCAS RND 6
THE ROCKSTAR / POLARIS UTV WOLFPACK TEAM - Racing under the lights at night is always a fun and exciting time for the UTV Wolfpack.

Qualify during early during the day brought on it's own set of challenges with the hot summer temperatures rising and several vehicles on the track having over-heating issues, it's a good thing we had plenty of Rockstar's to cool everyone down in the pit's.

"We supply fans with ice cold Rockstar Energy Drinks at the Lucas Oil Regional Races, so please stop by and grab one." - Jeremy Merrell (UTV Wolfpack #977)

Driver Jason Merrell was laying down some impressive lap times, over-heating issues forced him to pull off the track during his qualifying race.

Wolfpack's dedication to one another is shown down in the pits when one man is down it's all hands on deck. Glen Helen's hot day was pushing vehicle temperatures to the max, Wolfpack crew quickly made changes to get Jasons 918 Polaris RZR race ready for the main event..

" The camaraderie under the Wolfpack tent my favorite part being part of this team, we all help each-other" - George Hammel (UTV Wolfpack Driver)

During the main event Jason would start in the back of the pack and battle his way finishing with a 6th position

"Glen Helen is my favorite track, the summer heat was a difficult obstacle to overcome, but I was stoked to have my family at the race. My dad always shows up to support us and my son Mason was having a blast. Off-road racing is all about family and that's what I love most". - Jason Merrell (UTV Wolfpack Driver #918)

Driver Jeremy Merrell moved into the Unlimited UTV class at the Lucas Oil Regional races, with only making a few modifications to his production Polaris RZR he would debut as a new unlimited driver. During qualifying he set some impressive lap times, which landed him on the pole for the main event. During the main event Jeremy Merrell would battle with Kayla for that number one position holding a strong second for the majority of the race a broken axle would set him back finishing 5th.

"We have made several changes to the set up of my Polaris RZR this year and it's really paid off, Walker Evans Shocks felt great and Alba Racing really helped with performance". - Jeremy Merrell (UTV Wolfpack #977)

Wolfpack Driver George Hammel's dedication and improvement over the past year is unbelievable. Despite becoming Paralyzed from a Spinal Cord Injury racing AMA Motocross this racer has a never give up attitude and loves to race, he makes the drive from AZ to CA for the regional races and wouldn't miss it for anything. During his qualifying race he was really fast landing him a 6th place starting position for the main event.

George moved up to 3rd place by lap 2 and quickly set his sites towards the front. When the mid race caution flag waved George knew that it was time to make some quick moves. He passed into second and had a battle going until a mechanical cause him to spin and maintain the vehicle to finish the race in 15th place. We can see George as a solid Podium finisher very soon.

"Racing is not only my passion but a lifestyle, I grew up racing motocross and this is a natural progression for me, I love racing against all the great drivers. It makes me think less about being Paralyzed when I am racing against all the great drivers". - George Hammel (UTV Wolfpack #919)

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
felipebenjamin000