SKAT-TRAK WARLOCK BY EXTREME TIRE 30X11X14

sand shark

Mar 30, 2009
West Hills, CA
Interesting. Never heard of the STU needing to run beadlocks. I have seen them run on non-beadlock rims. I believe they were running them on the spun STI rims and Douglas rims.

As far as air pressure I run 9.5 - 10.5 and that seems to be the happy medium.

warlock

Wanna Go Fast? - UTVUnderground Approved
Jan 23, 2009
az
Thats why it's so rare to ever see them not mounted on beadlock wheels, if pushed hard they will unseat. They have a loose bead and that's for a reason.

Sent from my SM-N915T using Tapatalk

mearsman

Nov 2, 2011
Thats a great idea sandy but for anything other than straight forward running on the STU they have to pretty much have to run a Beadlock wheel. Many many moons ago Sand tire was sued by a family whose son had a bent rim and stuffed a rag in it to help get the tires bead to seat up and as he was airing it up the rim came apart and killed the poor guy.
So afterwards Sand Tire runs there beads a little bit looser so they seat up at a lower air pressure. Well when the tires seat up at about 7 to 8 psi which is low it then means the same for coming off the beads which sand tire is known for. Skats seat up over 15psi and they are very tough to get back off the beads. That's why STU tires run the bead lock rings cause they come off easily. So yes it would be nice if a guy could run a light weight rim on the STU but most guys run them under inflated like 8 psi range. Running a paddle tire of any make under 15psi is not good because these cars are in the 2000 lbs range and with the G-Forces involved bottoms the rim. Out as it crushes down with low air pressure. People air paddles down thinking it runs better because the tire slips more. Airing a paddle tire up makes the paddles more ridged and bites harder and if you have to many paddles it will feel slower.

#TRUTH

warlock

Jan 23, 2009
az
I thought everyone was like me and just likes beadlocks because they look better. LOL!

The funny thing about people is some just buy stuff that looks good but doesn't work the best. Lol

sand shark

Mar 30, 2009
West Hills, CA
True.

I have spent many times in the dunes dealing with blown beads and that is why I have them. When I put my Rhino on its side many moons ago it pushed the Skats off the bead and it was a pain trying to get them to reseat.

Once I had beadlocks no more issue. Even had a sandrail hit my rear tire hard enough to put me on two wheels and with beadlocks the tires never came off.

warlock

Jan 23, 2009
az
True.

I have spent many times in the dunes dealing with blown beads and that is why I have them. When I put my Rhino on its side many moons ago it pushed the Skats off the bead and it was a pain trying to get them to reseat.

Once I had beadlocks no more issue. Even had a sandrail hit my rear tire hard enough to put me on two wheels and with beadlocks the tires never came off.
Kinda like I always say if you get a Skat off a bead you have bigger problems. Like. Broken stuff lol. We never have any blown beads and the only time we had them the car was mangled pretty darn good and we had time to kill so putting a tire back on was not a big deal cause she was limping home or on a hook.

warlock

Jan 23, 2009
az
LOL! Actually the tires coming of the bead was the only issue for me.
Hey sandy you know what problem you have now. LOL. Your front STU Steer tire is smaller than your rear STU. Your rear tire Rollout is 88 and the front is 86. That's at 15psi , you run your tires low and that makes them smaller to. But anyhow the real problem is your car is pushing the front tires in a skid 2" every seven feet. that's awesome huh. and your Hilliard front 4wd system activates when the rear tires spin 20% more than the fronts so that means it takes probably 24% or so to engage the front to 4wd.

sand shark

Mar 30, 2009
West Hills, CA
When I measured my tires the rollout was the same. The 4wd system on the XP1000 I believe stays engaged unlike the 900 and 800. If I remember correctly the 900 and 800 would kick off once you go over a certain speed.
I have not had any issues and I always run in 4wd.

You get me a set of your Warlocks front and rear to try out in Glamis and I will give you an honest opinion and comparison of the 2 set ups.

warlock

Jan 23, 2009
az
I will. The tires we have are the same as yours just measured them. A few weeks back. You have to measure the seem in the tire as that's the middle, also those steer tires don't ride in the sand on there tips.

warlock

Jan 23, 2009
az
heres a picture of Ramon at Skat trak getting ready to buff some STU steer tires for fullerton , they come out a little weird since they are off set .

Attachments

warlock

Jan 23, 2009
az
There's a side by side picture of the new Warlock 30x13x14 next to a 28 Blaster

warlock

Jan 23, 2009
az
Thats a floaty wide tire and 94" Rollout so that will allow a car to use all of its suspension with out casing it out and putting the belly pan in the sand.

warlock

Jan 23, 2009
az
Yep. Looks like GMZ is making a big ass XL paddle tire combo too and almost twice the weight.
God I know can you imagine trying to run that GMZ Pig. Talk about Massive Rotating mass and killing some belts put those heavy turds on. Would be like swimming with cement boots.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
felipebenjamin000