pro armor doors

Gator/900xp

Jun 10, 2015
Has anyone had any issues with the door hinges being way to tight and breaking door frame at the hinge.
2012 900xp.

crazywatson

#13 - UTVUnderground Approved
Jul 30, 2009
Redwood City
Mine were super tight on our XP4 and thought that was going to happen. I drilled a small hole an oiled them and kept working it open and closed. They loosened way up. I have another set that are fine with no issues.

Gator/900xp

Jun 10, 2015
Mine were super tight on our XP4 and thought that was going to happen. I drilled a small hole an oiled them and kept working it open and closed. They loosened way up. I have another set that are fine with no issues.
I'm still waiting for a final answer from Pro Armor. They have been good so far on responding Very Quickly...
Where did you drill the hole at ?? Thought about that too. But I wanted to find out if the pin they used is a Solid pin or a roll pin, so the lube gets to the bottom of the hinge. Thanks for your reply to my problem...

BrArmor

Scranton Boys Racing OG
Oct 5, 2011
Lake Elsinore, Ca
www.imgms.com
I used to be Product Dev. Supervisor there and the hinges are stainless and solid. Drilling a hole might work for some issues but if the hinges are not aligned close to the same pivot then they will be tight. Have the door hinges cracked yet? Usually they are pretty durable...

Gator/900xp

Jun 10, 2015
I used to be Product Dev. Supervisor there and the hinges are stainless and solid. Drilling a hole might work for some issues but if the hinges are not aligned close to the same pivot then they will be tight. Have the door hinges cracked yet? Usually they are pretty durable...
Thank you for replying. And yes, one of the hinges has cracked and broke away from the door frame itself. It is the lower hinge on the drivers side. And now that the hinge has broken away from the frame it self, the door opens very easily. And the other door is tight, but not as bad. So it may be that the doors when they are put together ( welded ) they are not lined up properly. So what they are telling me is that they wouldn't cover the doors 100% under warranty, but would sell me a door frame for a $100 w/free shipping. But then I would have to pay someone to weld up the hinges and then have the frame re-powder coated. So that would be another $150.
I'm trying to explain that to them. I wish they would send me the entire frame so I could just bolt it back to the machine and put the panels back on and be done with it. So, thank you for the Info on the hinge material, I couldn't get them to tell me that. Is there any other Tips that you could give me on who to speak with on this subject, I'm currently speaking with Amberly Sally. She has been good on responding until now, she hasn't returned my calls or emails in the last week. Thank you again for the Info.

PeteN

Mar 9, 2010
riverside
Hi Gator 900, I am part of the Pro Armor team and just sent you a pm regarding your door problems. Please get with us to resolve this issue. Bruce thanks for helping out on this.

Gator/900xp

Jun 10, 2015
Hi Gator 900, I am part of the Pro Armor team and just sent you a pm regarding your door problems. Please get with us to resolve this issue. Bruce thanks for helping out on this.
Thank You very much for getting with me about the Issue I was having with my Pro Armor doors. I' m Very happy with the way this problem was Resolved. And again Thank You, Amberly, Mandi,Pete and also Bruce. THANK YOU PRO ARMOR !!!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
felipebenjamin000