Silver State Start at Pit 2?

george.felix

George
Jan 11, 2015
Houston, Texas
George if you have a problem with the way things went, you should give Casey Folks a call, his phone number is (702) 457-5775

I dont appreciate your negativity and accusations toward Cognito. I will ask my team members to keep things on a positive note, I dont want a negative banter/fight coming from this, especially when we followed what Casey told us to do, and took a hefty penalty. Again, if utvs started early morning like the last 3 years, we would have had the repair done at the start, with no penalty, and ran the race just like normal.
I'll tell you exactly what I told Casey. "This is fucking bullshit! You can't start the race then your fucking DNF end of story! You didn't give assistance during the race because they were never in the race they were in a parking lot. What the hell kind of racing is that?" He said he did what he thought was best and offered the same to us if we needed it. I told him I have too much pride and respect for what competition really means to EVER accept that kind of baby coddling kind of help. We would take the DNF then tow us where we need to go and just run the course for fun. Anyone who thinks this is what racing is all about is a testament to the question.....where are the real men these days? This is the most candy ass thing I've ever seen at any race ever !!!! Cognito didn't cheat just took a big chunk of Casey welfare that wasn't at all fair to the dozens of competitors that ran the 74 miles and broke or got hammered and took the DNF when they all could have used a tow up a couple pits. So NO not everyone will take a hand out if it's not justified and fair....It's called honor!

COGNITO

Cognito Motorsports - Official UTVUnderground Spon
Apr 30, 2009
I'll tell you exactly what I told Casey. "This is fucking bullshit! You can't start the race then your fucking DNF end of story! You didn't give assistance during the race because they were never in the race they were in a parking lot. What the hell kind of racing is that?" He said he did what he thought was best and offered the same to us if we needed it. I told him I have too much pride and respect for what competition really means to EVER accept that kind of baby coddling kind of help. We would take the DNF then tow us where we need to go and just run the course for fun. Anyone who thinks this is what racing is all about is a testament to the question.....where are the real men these days? This is the most candy ass thing I've ever seen at any race ever !!!! Cognito didn't cheat just took a big chunk of Casey welfare that wasn't at all fair to the dozens of competitors that ran the 74 miles and broke or got hammered and took the DNF when they all could have used a tow up a couple pits. So NO not everyone will take a hand out if it's not justified and fair....It's called honor!
Clearly you are a bigger person than I am, and apparently are more of a real man than I, and opposite of a candy ass, as you claim I am. Thanks for your input King George, I will try and work on being more of a man rather than crying and whining, and put that energy into improving my race program so I can work towards finishing some races, in a better position. I appreciate the constructive criticism.

Justin Lambert

george.felix

George
Jan 11, 2015
Houston, Texas
Clearly you are a bigger person than I am, and apparently are more of a real man than I, and opposite of a candy ass, as you claim I am. Thanks for your input King George, I will try and work on being more of a man rather than crying and whining, and put that energy into improving my race program so I can work towards finishing some races, in a better position. I appreciate the constructive criticism.

Justin Lambert
Well thank you Justin for noticing that I'm a man of principle and old school values. We have DNF'd every race cleanly and fairly. I'm glad young pups like yourself can still even recognize hard knocks and fair play. It's tougher since schools and social values with all the entitlement many have come to expect that the boundaries appear so ridiculous to someone like me and my generation. I hope some of the old school rubs off on you and others reading this. It's not too late to request the DNF you earned and show that right is always right and fair is always fair regardless how it effects you personally young man.

COGNITO

Apr 30, 2009
Well thank you Justin for noticing that I'm a man of principle and old school values. We have DNF'd every race cleanly and fairly. I'm glad young pups like yourself can still even recognize hard knocks and fair play. It's tougher since schools and social values with all the entitlement many have come to expect that the boundaries appear so ridiculous to someone like me and my generation. I hope some of the old school rubs off on you and others reading this. It's not too late to request the DNF you earned and show that right is always right and fair is always fair regardless how it effects you personally young man.
George I am glad you are proud of DNFing every race, I didn't realize that kind of mentality existed in the values of the elder. I didn't realize that a man of your stature was capable of throwing tantrums after every race, I guess I am not old school enough to understand, and I am not man enough to be proud of a slew of DNFs and throw tantrums. I guess I have a lot to learn. As you can tell, I was taught to respect elders, of course up until they disrespect me, personally. Cheers!

george.felix

George
Jan 11, 2015
Houston, Texas
Justin your actions speak for themselves. I dont try to disrespect you I merely stated the facts and apparently you don't like the facts so change them. We deserved each DNF not that were proud of them just were learning and ok with that. Here's a factoid for you......your odo says 230 everyone else says 300. Your the only one that believes you earned anything but a DNF. Take your points and the asterisk that goes with them. You found the money on the ground next to the old ladies purse so keep it.....Cheers!

I'm sorry all but I have little patience for bullshit in my old age. I'll be dead soon so I don't really care about being politically correct.

Last edited:

COGNITO

Apr 30, 2009
I paid for mileage with time George, my hour meter says more, and odo says less. You and 2 other people called bitd to complain, and at the end of those three calls, after Casey explained, you were the only one who still had a problem. Maybe you like to turn your own problems into other people's problems.

Reactions: Queen Racing

COGNITO

Apr 30, 2009
It wasn't a handout, it was a trade. Time for mileage. And a lot of time at that.

george.felix

George
Jan 11, 2015
Houston, Texas
It wasn't a handout, it was a trade. Time for mileage. And a lot of time at that.
1 hr for 74 miles? A fresh car full of fuel jumped in behind cars that have been hammered for 74 miles. Sounds fair? Did you offer that trade with the other competitors and they all accepted? Because it's clear Casey made a mistake.....albeit a well intentioned one.

Interesting because EVERYONE I've talked to agrees the pts are bs....that be about a dozen people. Not one agrees with the decision.

COGNITO

Apr 30, 2009
Do the math George, half hour waiting for the rest of the racers to start, half hour or more waiting for tow truck and to get towed to pit 2, half hour waiting for parts and then repair, plus an hour penalty. That is at least 2 and a half hours in trade for 74 miles.

Johnny

UTVUnderground Approved
Jan 15, 2009
Mesa Arizona
Ok shut the fuck up now George !! My Turn lol
Clearly Cognito Didnt prep for the race and when they had a low battery they should have changed it ?

Clearly the Problem
I started 31 and Raced all the way to Pit 2 I will have to check my gopro but I had a broke a axle right befor the pit and my guys changed it in about 7 Minutes Cognito started the race 4 minutes 30 seconds behind me and clearly are not as fast as me and never will be cognito pulled out of pit 2 about 3 minutes into my pit stop in front of me and other racers that started behind me and in front of them, Casey assessed a 1 hour penalty that should be longer they got ahead of 9 racers including me and because of that slowed me down with their dust and slow ass car ... im sure Casey does not understand that Cognito pulled out of pit 2 befor me and 7 or 8 others ... I lost the race by 1 minute and 8 seconds would not having to deal with dust and passing Cognito change my race ?? hell ya

I have no ill will for Cognito nor any of my fellow racers
Cognito has a great team and builds one of the best cars in the Desert

as for George to call them cheaters and not men ect ect wait to you call me a cheater George

is it a fucked up situation that has reared its ugly head due to bending the rules !! would I have done the same thing if I was told to do it ? hell yes .. do I think Casey would have ever believed that they would have got to pit 2 and fixed their car and pulled out infront of 9 others ? hell no

oh and Home Depot called and wants their 5" PVC 90s Back

and yes as we have been told many a time Its Casey and Corys way or the highway

Reactions: Queen Racing

COGNITO

Apr 30, 2009
Like I started earlier, our clock started ticking when our light turned green and we didn't move.

COGNITO

Apr 30, 2009
If you didn't break an axle you wouldn't have been in my dust!

BiggJim

I Hate Rules - UTVUnderground Approved
Jan 15, 2009
Bakersfield
Ok shut the fuck up now George !! My Turn lol
Clearly Cognito Didnt prep for the race and when they had a low battery they should have changed it ?

Clearly the Problem
I started 31 and Raced all the way to Pit 2 I will have to check my gopro but I had a broke a axle right befor the pit and my guys changed it in about 7 Minutes Cognito started the race 4 minutes 30 seconds behind me and clearly are not as fast as me and never will be cognito pulled out of pit 2 about 3 minutes into my pit stop in front of me and other racers that started behind me and in front of them, Casey assessed a 1 hour penalty that should be longer they got ahead of 9 racers including me and because of that slowed me down with their dust and slow ass car ... im sure Casey does not understand that Cognito pulled out of pit 2 befor me and 7 or 8 others ... I lost the race by 1 minute and 8 seconds would not having to deal with dust and passing Cognito change my race ?? hell ya

I have no ill will for Cognito nor any of my fellow racers
Cognito has a great team and builds one of the best cars in the Desert

as for George to call them cheaters and not men ect ect wait to you call me a cheater George

is it a fucked up situation that has reared its ugly head due to bending the rules !! would I have done the same thing if I was told to do it ? hell yes .. do I think Casey would have ever believed that they would have got to pit 2 and fixed their car and pulled out infront of 9 others ? hell no

oh and Home Depot called and wants their 5" PVC 90s Back

and yes as we have been told many a time Its Casey and Corys way or the highway
Battery was fine when we left the shop, that deal shorted out and shit the bed that morning. It swole up like a dead body sittin in the las vegas sun.

Johnny

UTVUnderground Approved
Jan 15, 2009
Mesa Arizona
I dont give a shit about your poor prep and you not having a dual battery switch and dual batteries like I do ... I dont give a shit that you don't carry a hand held radio or satellite phone in your car to get ahold of your truck thats your fucking problem ...

COGNITO

Apr 30, 2009
Sorry I lost the race for you George....I mean Johnny

george.felix

George
Jan 11, 2015
Houston, Texas
Justin I'm not disagreeing with you nor agreeing with the math because that's not the point. The spirit of the race is to start and follow the same course as everyone else. If you need help on the course then you get it ok the accepted conventional way. If another racer could get u a battery then your golden or if BITD towed u a couple miles maybe I could understand but missing 74 miles of the course is way outside the spirit and intention of the race. Anyone else who didn't make the start in every race this year received a DNF or a refund as a no show. That the point that's what's not fair first and foremost. The math is irrelevant if you can't get past the first thing. I don't know why this is so hard to understand. My gf just heard about it and she thought I was joking.

Reactions: mearsman

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
felipebenjamin000