All UTV's two seat or four seat, which is better for Glamis?

megadesertdiesel

Jan 25, 2009
Mesa, AZ
So its summer time and i need a summer project.

Is a 4 seater smoother than a 2 seater in the Glamis dunes? I mostly ride by my self and drive my car hard so it wont be loaded up with poeple.

My current 2 seat Maverick XRS has had shock work done and now i can hit the woops and not worry about bucking and rarely G-out now.

My thought is to buy a 4 seater frame, swap all my stuff over, buy a few 4 seater panels and keep it a two seater with a 29.5" longer wheel base.

Or just streatch mine and add XPee longtravel trailing arms.

Or just leave it alone and buy the new Yamaha when it comes out later this year.

so what say the peanut gallery?

450grl

The First Lady of SXS - UTVUnderground Approved
Mar 15, 2009
We have a 4-seater XP 1000 and I have spent a lot of time in a two-seater as well.....if you aren't going to carry other passengers and you like to do fast bowl rides, I'd stick with a two-seater. The 4-seater is fun because we almost always wind up with at least three people in it somehow.....having the extra seats always comes in handy. Yes, it's smoother through the whoops but we don't spend a lot of time in the whoops.....I personally prefer a two-seater because it's more nimble - but the 4's still haul butt.

crazywatson

#13 - UTVUnderground Approved
Jul 30, 2009
Redwood City
I like how the 4 seater feels. I really don't like hauling anyone in back though. It makes it too heavy. Kids are fine but adults kinda suck.

Tmont2424

Jan 15, 2015
We bought a 4 seat rzr 1000 and turned into a 2 seater and ride so much better! When you have your ride packed with adults the rear end tends to bottom out a lot.

BlackRhinoAlex

Mar 4, 2014
I really enjoy the 2 seater in the dunes. Definitely more speed through the bowls, but the 4 seater definitely rides very smooth with a good amount of power! It really all depends on how you like each one, or if you are going to be carrying passengers a lot!

JoeyD23

#utvunderground
Jan 9, 2009
North County San Diego
www.utvunderground.com
I love the 2 seater for pure fun factor in the dunes. It feels a lot quicker and more nimble. With that said, the 4 seater is also fun. I always build mine to only fit kids in the back but when its just me and a passenger in the 4 seater I have just as much fun. BUT nothing compares to my 2 seater in the dunes. I would just build a 2 seater for the dunes if having extra passengers or storage isn't needed.

sand shark

Mar 30, 2009
West Hills, CA
We need to watch a summer project - So for the website I say cut yours up and stretch it. We all want to see the progress.

Logic and common sense says - sell your current ride and pick up the latest and greatest in September. If you don't plan on carrying passengers stick with a 2 seater.

Glamisfan

Oct 26, 2009
imperial valley
IMHO, 84.3" wheelbase is too short, and 114" is too long.

For your type of driving style, I think you might be disappointed in the dunes.

You can rent an xp 1000 4 seater. Why don't you do that first. Only $300 or $350 for a day. Or ask someone with a 4 seat maverick if you can drive it.

Ive been thinking a 4 seater too, but damn they're long!!! I just can't do it. I think I'm gonna rent a rzr xp 1000 two seater, So I can get a feel for it.

Once you cut up that maverick, it'll be harder to sell it!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

underider

Oct 7, 2013
I usually use my utv by my self and I do some hauling time to time so, I usually remove the rear seats to accommodate extra cargo space. Just a question, any idea if its possible to install a tonneau cover into my utv for that cleaner look?

Last edited:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
felipebenjamin000