Anyone running a Packard 6psi set up on they're 1K?

RenoRob1K

Mar 10, 2015
Looking at the Packard kit for my 2015 XP4 and I can watch vid after vid but I'm looking for someone with first hand experience with this set up. Any help is appreciated, thanks guys!

warlock

Wanna Go Fast? - UTVUnderground Approved
Jan 23, 2009
az
Ask your self a few questions are you a good mechanic. do you have Patience and skills to deal with fuel systems and Boost. These aftermarket bolt on Turbos are usually a pain in the Ass, I have been down the road of Turbos and with a Non Factory Turbo you will be dealing with a secondary fuel system and plumbing of fuel system and turbo tubes and Intercoolers. There is a lot of stuff going on and a lot can go wrong fast and cause you many a weekend sitting in the Garage dicking with Gremlins. Secondary fuel system Tuning can be a nightmare and if it fails while running under Boost guess what ???? Booom motor goes Bye Bye. Best case scenario is you burn ring lands but in most Polaris xp cars they detonate and break rods.
Think about it before you jump in.
Good Luck.

RenoRob1K

Mar 10, 2015
I'm proficient in small engines coming from years of snowmobiles and 15+yrs of jet ski ownership.. Experience with large turbo systems but never on a SxS. I also have Dyno access as well but still like the idea of having a reliable machine of course. I was hoping to find someone running this kit with recent experience in longevity. Warlock, thank you for responding. What are your thoughts on big bore kits or other performance mods for some more power in the dunes?

RenoRob1K

Mar 10, 2015
Brian, looks like you're in Reno? You trail ride or SandMountain? I'm always looking for local guys to go rip around with.

BrianReno

Aug 19, 2012
Reno, NV
Yeah I'm in Reno, currently in the beginning stages of building a Mav Max desert race car. Looking to possibly pick up an XDS Turbo soon.

warlock

Wanna Go Fast? - UTVUnderground Approved
Jan 23, 2009
az
I would consider some headwork and a big bore from some of the Good engine builders first. Riding is more fun than Wrenching or Blowing it up if you a have Fuel system Fail. The nice thing about the Can Am factory Turbo system is that it uses the same fuel system and not some cobbled up additional injector crap and some home built computer program that may or may not work just right.

Reactions: RenoRob1K

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
felipebenjamin000