From Naked to all Dressed Up for the 2015 AVE Pure Race Series

Mar 27, 2012
After racing the Cal City AVE Pure Series last two years in our XP 900 and the 2 years before that in a Rzr S 800 we decided to upgrade to the XP 1000 for the 2015 season. First thing we did was take the car up to Thad at Fabwerx so he could work his magic and build us a cage to keep me and my Dad (and co-pilot) safe. Thad was great to work with and he made sure all the details were dialed in. We couldn't be happier with the new cage and our Fabwerx experience.

This is what we started with.

Attachments

Last edited:
Mar 27, 2012
We got the cage back from the powder coated and got busy putting it all back together. With two weeks until the first race, it's crunch time. Up next Cognito shocks, new rims and tires, skid plate, lots of switches, graphics, UMP intake, etc etc etc.

Attachments

Last edited:

XPirate

Sep 9, 2011
Bakertucky
Good luck this year Josh. Thad's work is always top notch, hope to make a couple races this year, probably just spectating though...

Gilroyboy

Nov 24, 2014
Gilroy
nice build, hopefully your racing in the pro class ! ill see you out there, my build has came down to the wire as well haha

Mar 27, 2012
We would like to thank our tire and wheel sponsors for this season. GBC Motorsports hooked us up with 30" Kanati Mongrels and Raceline got us their new all black Mamba 14" beadlock wheels. Can't wait to get these in the dirt.

Attachments

Mar 27, 2012
After the success we had with the Cognito shocks on our XP900 car we decided this would be a wise decision on the new 1000. Well after pulling them out of the box, I know it was the right decision. We went with the 2.5" in the front with the remote reservoirs and 3.0" in the rear. Both front and rears bolted up to the stock locations with no issue and the routing of the reservoirs was self explanatory. It's pretty easy to see the difference between the stock rears and the Cognito shocks from the size of the shafts to the springs, this will be one of the best investments on the car. Thank you Cognito for setting us up right.

Attachments

Mar 27, 2012
Thanks Garrett, hope to see you out there this year.

Thanks Brandon, yes we will be running in the pro class again. Look forward to seeing you out there and checking out your build.

Gilroyboy

Nov 24, 2014
Gilroy
Thanks Garrett, hope to see you out there this year.

Thanks Brandon, yes we will be running in the pro class again. Look forward to seeing you out there and checking out your build.
for sure, if i can get the car to run, something just happend to the damn ecu and the car is stuck in limp mode. doing everything i possibly can to get it fixed but hopefully see ya there.

Mar 27, 2012
This build is down to the wire with the first race this weekend at the Pure Series in California City. Got the skins back from paint. Up next sponsor stickers, mud flaps, fire extinguishers, misc. wiring, skid plate install and all the finishing touches….

Attachments

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
felipebenjamin000