2016 Yamaha Wolverine

apexin

Apr 15, 2011
Arizona
I was expecting this reaction from the southwest crowd and understand it completely. The good thing is that you guys do want a sxs that performs and you don't need to carry extra belts, tie rods ect. as has become normal from what is currently offered. This is not meant to be a xp or mav. That is coming, but hold your opinions off until you ride it. The suspension is unreal in trails and except for the power difference, I would say it's right there with the mav xc and ac trail in tight woods. KYB didn't just start making shocks yesterday and the adjustments on these shocks actually make changes you can feel, unlike others.

Besides, once you throw a long travel on it, cage, seats and do a little weight savings removal, this thing will be pretty sporty for everything but the dunes. It only weighs 1300 stock, and that's pretty light. Throw $10,000 at it like most of you do anyway and it will be pretty cool for back East or riding trails, rock crawling and camping.

The main point is that it's rides great and won't blow belts, break tie rods and frames, lunch transmissions or rip a arms out of their mounts...... For most people as some could break a ball bearing!!!

the stripping shop

RACER - UTVUnderground Approved
Jan 29, 2009
peoria,Az
www.strippingshop.com
I was expecting this reaction from the southwest crowd and understand it completely. The good thing is that you guys do want a sxs that performs and you don't need to carry extra belts, tie rods ect. as has become normal from what is currently offered. This is not meant to be a xp or mav. That is coming, but hold your opinions off until you ride it. The suspension is unreal in trails and except for the power difference, I would say it's right there with the mav xc and ac trail in tight woods. KYB didn't just start making shocks yesterday and the adjustments on these shocks actually make changes you can feel, unlike others.

Besides, once you throw a long travel on it, cage, seats and do a little weight savings removal, this thing will be pretty sporty for everything but the dunes. It only weighs 1300 stock, and that's pretty light. Throw $10,000 at it like most of you do anyway and it will be pretty cool for back East or riding trails, rock crawling and camping.

The main point is that it's rides great and won't blow belts, break tie rods and frames, lunch transmissions or rip a arms out of their mounts...... For most people as some could break a ball bearing!!!
for $23,000 wouldn't you just buy xp 1000 then. Its ment for hunters/woods guys they didn't hit out of the park on that end. the motor sucks ball hell teryx is better in every category.

Vital

Jul 13, 2013
for $23,000 wouldn't you just buy xp 1000 then. Its ment for hunters/woods guys they didn't hit out of the park on that end. the motor sucks ball hell teryx is better in every category.
The Wolverine trumps the Teryx in every area, even speed. The Wolverine has way better suspension, better power to weight ratio, better stability, better overall design with the arched a-arms, angled up skid plates, full skid plates, flange on the rear frame protecting the rear tires, better tranny, better interior, better reliability, I can go on all day. This Wolverine is the best trail machine on the market for anything 800 cc's and under IMO as long as you're not limited to 50" trails.

the stripping shop

RACER - UTVUnderground Approved
Jan 29, 2009
peoria,Az
www.strippingshop.com
The Wolverine trumps the Teryx in every area, even speed. The Wolverine has way better suspension, better power to weight ratio, better stability, better overall design with the arched a-arms, angled up skid plates, full skid plates, flange on the rear frame protecting the rear tires, better tranny, better interior, better reliability, I can go on all day. This Wolverine is the best trail machine on the market for anything 800 cc's and under IMO as long as you're not limited to 50" trails.

I hope we see a shoot out woods only test for the best hunting rig out there from accessories to riding to hauling. But the test vehicles have to be under $15,000 no after market parts.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
felipebenjamin000