Chase Trucks!!!!!

Rusty5150

UTVUG PHOTOG
Jan 9, 2009
With the growing popularity of Chase Trucks I wanted to start a thread discussing The Good, the Bad and the Ugly.

I have been collecting chase truck photo's for a while. I am very interested in hearing what everyone thinks is critical in a chase truck. What style, what fuel, lift/no lift, crew cab, single cab, 4x4/2wd, GPS, radio, sat phone, 120v inverter, generator, welder, air source, winch, fuel tower, tire rack, lighting.

Service Bed

Flatbed/Custom beds

Prerunner/Chase

Utility Chase

Old School

Radio's

Unique Features

Reactions: 1 person

Rusty5150

UTVUG PHOTOG
Jan 9, 2009

Very nice service bed on this truck.

This is the truck I really like. Maybe its because I just bought one for $1500.

Brian B

Red Rotax - UTVUnderground Approved
Jan 15, 2009
Awesome thread!

If it werent for having a fifth wheel, I would already be working on mine!

Bajaxp

SXS Racer Extraordinaire - UTVUnderground Approved
Jan 21, 2010
OC
Great thread and great eye candy! My chase truck is a stock half ton 4 door pick up. It works but...
I love the thought that goes into some of the teams' chase trucks. Two radios are great for Baja so you can listen to Weatherman and your own frequency, but not necessary for BITD. I love the bass boat chairs and umbrella holder. Typically we sit on the tailgate and fry in the sun. XM radio keeps me sane.
Keep the pics coming so I can dream!

mtoma

Apr 30, 2010
Jackson, CA
Nice thread Rusty...........jeeze looks like some of these guys have more money into their chase truck than their race rigs.

Definitely some sick looking work trucks.

I like the Jagged X setup, why carry a bunch of spares when you can just carry a complete car, lol.

dbestduner

Jul 13, 2011
Nice thread Rusty...........jeeze looks like some of these guys have more money into their chase truck than their race rigs.

Definitely some sick looking work trucks.

I like the Jagged X setup, why carry a bunch of spares when you can just carry a complete car, lol.
i agree! lol

Apr 11, 2011
Santa Clarita
Great thread...Many MANY years ago when Herbst came out with I think were the first race chase trucks we were pitting next to them at Ojos Negros and The Herbst mom was out there and I told her I lked thier trucks..Her eyes lit up and she took me in and out of the truck discribing every little custom function it had. Those trucks were trick. I thnk she said back then they were $250.000 each? I think.

SGM4Life

Oct 29, 2009
Valencia,Ca
Here is a unimog from team gordon when I worked there. Those were pretty sweet but the new ones they have are off the hook. At night those lights were like daylight.

[/IMG]

[/IMG]

[/IMG]

Rusty5150

UTVUG PHOTOG
Jan 9, 2009
Here is what I want in a chase truck.

Crew Cab Ford
7.3 Diesel
4x4
Service bed
Onan generator
12 to 120 inverter with outlets in the cab
dual swing out spare tires
radio towers
dual band radio
10" GPS
Ion Earth
Sat phone with car kit
sat radio
TV in the dash
HID Flashlight
LED lightbar wired to the highbeam switch
back up camera
12v cooler made into a console
remote speaker
37" BFG Projects
welder
torches
Viair system
nitrogen tank
roof rack with 360 degree LED lights
Limo tint so the Villagers can't watch you sleep
Bottle opener
Those swiveling cup holders for the rough roads

These are just some of the things I will be putting into my chase rig when I build it.

Bajaxp

SXS Racer Extraordinaire - UTVUnderground Approved
Jan 21, 2010
OC
Any more pics?
Dirt Sports did a great article on chase truck about a year ago, but I can't find it.
What about mounting an i-pad 2 with 3G in the dash. Works as a GPS, email, etc plus you could load up the IRC page from the interweb and track your car live. The other thing I would add to mine is a secondary fuel tank. Range, particularly in Baja, is important and sometimes when you are chasing you can't affort the 15 minutes to fill up.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
felipebenjamin000